By mylifesucks - 02/12/2009 01:32 - United States

Today, I found out that my 2 week Christmas vacation my boss was talking about wasn't for this year, but 2010. I spent the day with my husband cancelling flights to Florida, and explaning to my 8 year old why we were not going to Disney World. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 470
You deserved it 4 963

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh ouch man! What the ****? Seriously, if your boss says you can have a Christmas vacation, you're going to assume he means Christmas THIS year! Ouch...

you dont want to go to disney anywhere near the holidays anyway. its so busy and your kid will be so mad with waiting in 2-3 hour lines that everyone will hate it. its probably a good thing. buy your kid a pony or something instead

Comments

Don't you have to fill out a request for time off at your job? Even though your boss told you that you'd have two weeks leave did you guys discuss the actual dates you'd have off before you made your plans. Maybe he just said something general like, "The week of Christmas and the week after," but I still would have put in a request before I booked flights and made all of the plans.

you dont want to go to disney anywhere near the holidays anyway. its so busy and your kid will be so mad with waiting in 2-3 hour lines that everyone will hate it. its probably a good thing. buy your kid a pony or something instead

CyclonePsycho 1

I was just coming here to say the same thing. People are so awful during the holiday season (see Christmas tree FML for proof)-- it's why I don't like vacationing in December. Go during September or October* when it's much slower. Sure your child will miss a few days from school, but they're probably not learning much anyway. *September/October are still slow months, right? I haven't been to Disney World in years, so I wouldn't know, haha.

perdix 29

It's going to be hard to explain to your kid that Mommy is an idiot who is sloppy and scatterbrained and lacks attention to detail. Tell him that the same incompetence and ineptitude with birth control brought him into the world!

Hermyoni 0

So why not have your husband take your daughter and maybe have grandma go with also? Why spoil the vacation for your daughter just because you Epic Failed seems kinda cruel. I say YDI for not double and triple checking the dates and FYKL she is going to remember this.

guckylynn 19

yeah but why would your boss mention a Christmas vacation for next year now when Christmas this year is only weeks away?

find a burned down warehouse or something of the like, take your kid there and say that disney world burned down.

U should still have gone, as long as u havent been an ass to ur boss or the boss is, he would have understood

MangeMoi_fml 0

Karma doesnt exist. ****** up shit happens to everyone, not just the ones who do bad things. And, no yu dont deserve this. Your dumb ass boss shouldnt even be speaking about next year's holiday when this year's holiday hasn't come and gone yet. **** box.