By yonanon - 31/08/2012 12:02 - United States - Chesapeake

Today, I found out that if a guy you've been dating starts acting weird, there's probably a reason why. Like, perhaps, a wife and two kids. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 883
You deserved it 3 117

Same thing different taste

Top comments

BeforeItWasCool 12

Your best revenge will be to tell his wife. That way she can take his kids away. There is NO worse punishment than that. Sounds a bit harsh? No. This guy ****** around on his family. There's no excuse for that. Ever.

Comments

That's really awful. The same exact thing happened to me two years ago. I was furious, and I felt disgusted with myself, even though I didn't know. The best thing you can do is to forget about it and keep him out of your life for good. Or, if you want to stir things up for him, go visit him at home when his wife is there.

13- I agree with all you said except the part about visiting the wife. Most wives know about "the other woman" and decide to look the other way. OP will only look like a home wrecker if she ever showed up at his house. Only solution is to dump his ass and learn from the experience.

I'd go tell the wife, because maybe she doesn't know. And if she does "look the other way" she can still continue to look the other way. I wouldn't care if I might look like a home wrecker, because I'd want to know if my husband was cheating on me, if it were me.

It's true, she WOULD like like a homewrecker, but on the other hand, if I were the wife, I'd want to know. Also, telling the wife would sort of help clear my conscience, even though I really didn't do anything wrong. Maybe OP doesn't feel the same way, I don't know. Just saying how I felt when the same thing happened to me.

rebel_belle1974 5

What a jerk! I hope you told his wife!

Your best revenge will be to tell his wife. That way she can take his kids away. There is NO worse punishment than that. Sounds a bit harsh? No. This guy ****** around on his family. There's no excuse for that. Ever.

loserboii 11

The only way that situation could be worse is if his wife was also dating someone else!

A doubly ****** up that situation that would be.

Maybe a better revenge is black mail the guy to send OP and the guys wife on a expensive vacation leaving him with the 2 kids by himself. Tell the wife at the end of the vacation. The guy was running from family responsibility so doom him with more of it then he's screwed after you tell his wife. Lose-lose for douche bag dad.

Trisha_aus 15

That's awful if his wife was doing the same..poor kids! Asshole didn't think of his kids when he did that.

perdix 29

#20, not necessarily. The kids could be little ***** that he'd be happy to leave. My late dad, my aunt and my grandparents all told me what a shit he was as a kid and a teenager. My grandpa would have been lucky to lose him. My dad's parenting philosophy was to make us the exact opposite of him at that age . . . and look how good I turned out!!!

Yes, best plan ever! Lets use the children as a source of punishment! Haha! We all know how well that works out and doesn't ever **** the kids up...

20- wouldn't growing up without a father screw up the kids lives too? Yea he's an asshole but divorce and seperation from parents (even douchey ones) can totally screw up your childhood.

MsConfusedd - Growing up with a cheating father and parents who (presumably) fight is much worse for the children.

Feel bad for his kids having an asshole father

There's some things that really should be said on the first date

If it was said, there wouldn't have been a second date for him ;)

It shouldn't have even been a first date.

I agree with those before me.....You should tell the wife. This happened with my parents when I was very little, and my mom was grateful someone came forward. When you tell her she probably won't seem appreciative, but as the goes on she'll eventually be glad you did. Unless she goes into denial and says you're lying....then at least you can say you tried!

TheDrifter 23

Let me guess, his dating profile listed honest and loyal as two of his top qualities? There has to be a better screening method available. For me, I always ask to pick them up from home for the second date so I can look for signs of family they "forgot" to mention.

shawnaishere 14

How?! Michael never cheated on his wife .

captainburke 5

Yes, not knowing where your significant other lives is suspicious