By wtf - 20/06/2011 07:43 - Canada

Spicy
Today, I found out my wife isn't cheating. She says she's just getting older and sex isn't important anymore. She's 27. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 888
You deserved it 5 165

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TalkinSmack 6

sounds like she IS getting it elsewhere...

Comments

EvilDave 13

Ah, yes, yet another woman who has decided that sex isn't important in the relationship without thinking about the man. Now, you will have to choose between divorce, cheating, prostitutes, or not having sex because she doesn't want it. I suggest you divorce her.

And another man who has decided that sex is so important in a relationship that the women should have to compromise herself just so she doesn't bruise her man's tender ego. What a joke. Hope you have a lot of money & a good divorce lawyer, because you're gonna need them.

95, sex is a big ass factor to an healthy relationship. If she wanted to stop having sex she should of talked to him about it instead of going "oh I know I'm going to stop sex totally with out even having the balls to ask how my man feels about it because he will obviously have no issues with it!" I mean come on AND if she just wasn't horny at the time it's not a big deal but stopping sex totally is bullshit be it male or female. Stupid stunts like this cause divorce in most cases. /end rant.

Petunia888 13

If someone is married and then decides to not have sex, it definitely must be discussed with the spouse first! There's a million reasons why. If you go by what the bible says (and I'm not assuming everyone does), it specifically says that it is the duty of both people to satisfy one another (as in "lay with one another"/have sex with one another...it's in Solomon). Besides all that, communication is an important aspect to a relationship, so you can't just do whatever you want without consulting your partner first, especially if it affects them directly!

Vixen, take a chill pill. No one said anything about forcing themselves on their partner, just merely talking about it before coming to a solution to the issue. As for connections with your partner? Sex is not only a physical bond but a chemical and emotional bond, you have sex to reproduce, get to know one another on further levels and just for pure orgasmic fun. Cutting off your partner with no warning nore even discussing it when you were having sex before with out issue (assuming they were intimate before this crap) can put both and emotional and physical strain on most. For example, "why won't she have sex with me? is she cheating on me am I not good enough? why is she so disconnected from me now?" few tab issues some people could have. Also on another note, sex is a privilage but using it against people makes you look trashy. When you get married you become one, you both have to talk things through if an issue pops up.

EvilDave 13

Sex isn't a right, and neither is being married.

ReynshineCutting 10

I agree with you 192. While it is true that biologically men need sex (not just want), it has to be a mutual thing. Any man (or woman) who would still have sex with their spouse when the spouse is laying their like a dead fish is scum and doesn't deserve their spouse. It's something that definitely has to be discussed by both partners, but the one with the higher sex drive needs to be understanding when the other's drive crashes n

Omg bitch shut the **** up. It's not like the dumbass said he was going to rape his wife. so get off your frigging soap box. He's obviously a dumb naive sucker, who can't accept his wife is ho. An you're a ******* prude who obviously hasn't had good sex. People don't lose interest in good sex.

rezzel 0
death008 0

if does not matter for she won't mind if you sleep with others

well, do you have kids? Because that can actually make sex not as important, depending on whether you're done having kids, or still plan on having more than you already have. I'm 37, and a father of 3, ages 16, 8 and 4. During the time the kids grow up, sex really doesn't become as important anymore because the kids become more important, since they're you're full responsibility. My wife is 36 and has said that she's getting to old to make sex somewhat important, she said that 5 years ago, and the one time we had sex, we got prego, so you never know. But my point is, don't worry about your wife, it will become important again to her. Maybe she's stressed and saying that it's not important is just easier for her to say.

I'm pretty sure you're right, I never did say we stopped having sex it's just not very often. With 2 kids and our busy work schedule, she just made it a lower priority. And she has been stressed too. Why do all these people jump to conclusions she's cheating, or bored or I'm bad at it? Btw I'm the OP and thanks

Yeah I know what you mean OP. I mean, it does lower the priority of sex to a certain degree. My wife and I have busy work schedules too, we each work careers, and than when you come home, you have the kids to deal with, and by the time all of that is done, you're exhausted. I find that the only time my wife and I ever get a chance to have sex is when we're on our own personal vacation with each other, and the kids are far at home. Plus the kids really don't want to hear the parents having sex, just like as parents, we don't like hearing our kids having sex. I'm not sure what ages your kids are, but it sounds like they're old enough to understand the general idea and whatnot. I personally hate when people jump to conclusions like that. It's a pet peeve of mine. I didn't see any sign in your FML that implied her cheating, or that you're bad at it. Kids change everything. I'm not entirely sure how this fits into this subject, but when young kids and young adults have sex, sex is nothing to them, they treat it like it's nothing, they think it makes them look cool or something. But when you're actually a parent and married (which it seems like you are), sex means something important in the relationship, it's not just having sex, it's special time you literally get to spend with each other. I'm usually not very good at commenting on FML's because I'm strongly opinionated, but I had hoped that the insight of someone older (depending on your age) and could relate, would maybe help you possibly not take it personally and hear it from someone who's been through the same thing. It's not always fun at the beginning, and I'm not saying you'll get used to it, but it's sort of the fact of life in the end. But best of luck! As long as you keep loving her and your kids, and show it, at one point, it will override everything and she'll see that you still love her and your kids unconditionally, and she'll eventually loosen up gradually. You seem like a great father and husband! Btw... I'm from alberta too!

*screw the "seems like you are" beside married... lol wasn't reading my own words

dead on, we both love each other a lot. and it's one of her fears to have our kids walk in on us, (not sure why she doesn't want to lock the door tho) I'm 29 going on 30, we've been married 7 years and it was easier before when the girls were younger she also had an easier job that wasn't so physically demanding. I laugh at all these ppl that say she's cheating or any other excuse they can think up. Anyways thanks for your support and Alberta rocks, go oilers. lol