By Anonymous - 18/08/2019 00:01 - United States

Today, I found out my mom booked me a flight to stay with relatives who I don't like, and who don't like me. I leave in two days, and don't return until the day before school starts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 765
You deserved it 146

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I doubt she thought enough to buy a refundable ticket and won't likely do it twice

Comments

Who’s going to pick you up at the airport?

I doubt she thought enough to buy a refundable ticket and won't likely do it twice

what did you do to piss her off? it's only for a few days be nice be polite and you'll survive.

You remember that line from Harry Potter 3, “I will if she does”? If Aunt Marge won’t be nice to Harry, why should he still his tongue? If these relatives don’t like OP and vice-versa… this won’t end well.

If they don’t like you and you don’t like them, think of all the trouble you can cause!

Wadlaen 23

Then, to save yourself and your relatives some hassle, just don't go - tell your mom you missed the flight and hope she doesn't do it again. Alternatively talk to your mother and tell her what you think about both these relatives and the way she is behaving by doing something like this to you. Good luck!

See if you can exchange it for a different location, swipe a credit card on your way out, and have a vacation.

Give the TSA agent at the airport a really big smile and tell them you're sooo happy to finally be off the no-fly list.

Have you told parents this, and why you don't like them and they don't like you?