By Anonymous - 01/07/2013 16:10 - United States - Provo

Today, I found my cat dead on the road. I called my family and told them, and later buried the cat. Not long after I got done burying it, my cat walked up to me. I buried someone else's cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 283
You deserved it 11 179

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you still have your own cat, and didn't leave that one rotting in the sun.

Comments

Well at least the owners of the cat won't have to now! But be happy your cats okay

They also don't know now. I know myself and many others that would rather the closure than living with worry that its out there starving to death.

Pet Sematary-- the Next Generation? Though I believe you're required to bury your own.

septembers_over_fml 3

Well thank jesus it wasnt yours! thats a blessing in disguise.

FYL for not recognizing your own cat, and sorry to whomever's cat it was that you buried... That's if they cared that is...

assassinbanana0 20

A lot of cats look the same. They aren't really unique like us humans. Lets say you have a cat. White fur and fluffy as can be. It would be ignorant of you to think only your cat looks that way. If you find a fluffy white dead on the road, how will you know if it is your cat or not?

assassinbanana0 20

My kitten and her sister look almost exactly alike. The only difference is the streaks by their eyes are a slightly different color. The difference is so minimal that if you're not looking hard (or you don't know to look for that) you could never tell them apart.

You got lucky, you deserve this for not keeping an eye on your cat. Only idiotic pet owners let their pets roam wild. Put up a fence it can't jump and keep it safe.

Have you ever owned a cat? Ever? A fence definitely cannot stop a cat.

ironik69 31

I'm a cat and a dog person. But responsible pet owners should take every precaution to keep their pets safe. Collars, even if run over, could have been a good distinguisher. And although fences will not stop cats, if you care enough about them, you would keep them in the house and not let them run wild outside where they can be run over.

Most cat owners have an indoor/outdoor cat. What happened to OP is the exact reason my cat is indoors only.

bandeek 30

Animals shouldn't wear collars. My mom was taking a walk in the woods when she was younger and found a dead dog hanging by it's collar from a tree. It had been giving birth when it died and the puppies died too. :/

ironik69 31

106...You are going to base animals not wearing collars by one, very odd, bad experience? Why don't you check the statistics on pets that are taken to shelters and their owners found by collars, or pets being returned to neighbors because of collars and tags? If they are soooooooo dangerous, then why do vets and animal shelters give you tags and a leash and collar? I'm pretty sure the professionals know what they are doing. Either be a RESPONSIBLE pet owner or you don't deserve a pet.

I have two cats currently and you can make fences that will stop cats. If you need to ask how then you don't understand how cats work or think. The fence should be made so that the cat can't easily climb it, it should also be tall enough that it wont be able to jump up. It's tough I know, but I know it works because I've seen it work. I tend to keep my cats indoors, but I've had a cat come home with its throat ripped from being attacked by a dog. At that point we took it in, did a bit of first aid and managed to save it. We never let him out of our sight and he died at a ripe age. I generally stand firm that if you can't see your pet or know where they are at all times, you are a crappy owner. Keep your pets in an enclosure that will keep them safe, otherwise YDI.

I find that mildly insulting. I'm a dog person and I'm far from stupid enough to think a fence would stop a cat from roaming.

That had to be an awful experience, burying a cat that was destroyed past recognition. At least it turned out not to be your own. I'd have been devastated.

This put a smile on my face. In a world of scumbag boyfriends, slutty girlfriends, controlling parents, and condescending strangers, a happy ending is always welcome.

I'm slightly concerned that you can't discern the difference between your own beloved pet and some random dead cat. Glad to hear that it's got a few more lives to live though. Pay closer attention in the future, and treat this happenstance as a reminder that indoor/outdoor cats are subject to many perils, you might want to keep it indoors :)

r4vleen 8

A lot of cats look the same.

graceinsheepwear 33

I agree with 28. This FML implies that both cats were running loose outside without collars or tags. That isn't cool.