By APoorGuy - 15/03/2016 12:08 - United States - Chevy Chase

Today, I found $20 on the ground. I'm so broke, this is the first time in 3 months that I've had any disposable income. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 636
You deserved it 1 923

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey, why are you complaining? Free $20!

Aww, isn't that a little unsympathetic? No one can work 24/7...in fact, I believe periods of rest and relaxation here and there will generally help keep you happier and more productive. There are many reasons why OP might have a computer even though he's poor (ie: he is a student) and I think everyone deserves the occasional break without that invalidating their problems :P

Comments

This is one thing I would not mention on my tax return....I mean how is really going to mention this to the IRS Unless we have some asshat that will on here

bigdfootball97 24

How is this an FML? "Today, I found $20 on the ground…FML" The quality of FML's is declining…

Instead of whining or complaining about your financial situation, work at improving it. If you're going through hell, don't stop. Continue.

Perhaps they can't because the full time minimum wage job they're working prevents them from affording the funds to invest in an education which they don't have time for because they're working a full time minimum wage job which they obviously need to make the bills. And they can't exactly quit either because the anemic safety net that's been consistently chewed away at by the ignorant and the uncaring isn't enough to support them. They might even be making too much money to qualify despite the fact that they clearly aren't making enough to actually live on. Welcome to America.

your broke but yet you paid your phone bill for the last 3 months?

Thats a real good point. Instead of being focused on getting a job you are on FML wasting your life. At least you can pay part of your phone bill now huh.

How do you know OP doesn't have a job? Many people on minimum wage use their money to pay bills, rent, and food. They usually don't have enough for a treat.

So many judgmental people already, yet I bet they would all be thrilled to find money on the ground. It's so easy to judge when you're not in as bad of a spot, isn't it? Instead of mocking the OP for "wasting time" on FML, realize you're the one spending the time to type an unnecessarily rude comment instead of doing something more productive with your own time.

I said u deserved it. but I mean it in the good way. u deserved to find that $20. :)

Are you in college? Because if so, I feel that.