By Anonymous - 30/11/2009 23:24 - Canada

Today, I finally had enough money to buy my girlfriend an engagement ring, which I was going to pick up after work. On my way to work, I slid on the ice and crashed into a parked vehicle. The damage to my car is almost twice the amount of the ring. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 724
You deserved it 3 578

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Where are people getting the idea he was WALKING? Damage to HIS vehicle means he was DRIVING.

tam_tiger 0

He wasn't even walking he said " damage to my car"... Wow

Comments

Truan_fml 0

Maybe it's a sign. Just wait and see.

mizu22 0

i don't think it's a sign. stuff happens :) i hope you two are very happy together!!

Where are people getting the idea he was WALKING? Damage to HIS vehicle means he was DRIVING.

I can see if people read only the first sentance or so of the fml, but I agree its kinda clear what the op was saying...

I dunno, but on the reading it wrong topic, first time around I saw "slid on ice" and "ring" and wondered why he was playing hockey with his car. Not really reading, just scanning for new posts, I'm only retarded after getting up early after 5 day breaks.

NotEven 0

I don't know how it is in Canada but in the US you are required by law to have insurance on your vehicle. So either YDI for having ins. or YDI for not being smart enough to file a claim.

Oscar_Wilde 0

Cheaper insurance doth not cover the stupidity of those who oft need it.

You're required to have liability insurance, which often doesn't cover damage to your own vehicle.

bobsanction 18

YDI for getting her a cheap ring.

Well if the ring is $4,000 an the damage is $8,000 I don't see where the ring is cheap. Stfu tool.

Why is it no one seems to know how to drive on ice?! A lot of accidents could be prevented by people not assuming they don't have to slow down for bad road conditions!

It'd also help if people realized they should steer in the direction of the slide to regain control.

ipownyew234 0

i take it OP doesnt have car insurance?

I think the next ring will be cubic zirconium.

MzRodriquez95 0

Damn that must really suck FYL indeed OP. But who knows maybe its a sign from above