By Inez333 - 03/04/2019 02:00

Today, I finally got to see my favorite aunt after months of her living far away with her new boyfriend. She now believes the Earth is flat, gravity is fake, the government is run by reptiles, and that vaccines are the devil themselves. She won't stop trying to convince me of her conspiracies. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 512
You deserved it 171

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nhayaa 21

And I think you should try to convince her to find a new boyfriend...

That's why I always come back with even more absurd conspiracies. "Psshhhh, you believe in the flat earth? Open your eyes lemming, it's a hexagon."

Comments

I'm old, ok. My brother is 70 and recently remarried. In our lat phone conversation he told me that Hillary is part of a child pornography ring and in fact, eats babies. His new wife also has him going to some off-beat church based on a passage in Genesis about giants, "and the government is hiding the truth about it from us. " Oh, and he refers to our Jewish ancestors as "kikes." I don't know if this is mass hysteria, mass hypnotism, or literally the end of the world.

OP here. This happened a few months ago but was only just now posted. My aunt, while a wonderful person, was always super gullible. Before she had dated the guy, she had already believed in the reptile thing, but she wasn't nearly as pushy with that belief as she is now. Every time she dates a new guy, she picks up whatever habits they have because she thinks they'll like her better or something like that. Oh and for those curious, she actually did break up with him... but she still holds those really weird beliefs.

recruit her to your cult, charge monthly fees, profit.