By Inod - 07/07/2009 14:31 - United States

Today, I finally got a Wii Fit to try and lose some weight. I came home and set it all up, only to be told that I weigh too much to actually use it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 396
You deserved it 88

Inod tells us more.

Inod 0

I'm the OP, decided to make an account... Reason I put on so much weight is cause I had a car run up my leg by a 16 year old bitch who was too busy chatting on her phone to even notice she hit me. So after my broken foot, ankle, and leg "healed", I got to go through the process of starting rehab on all the torn stuff in my ankle. 18 months later, I can walk again with only a slight limp. Yay! Believe me, I'd love to be able to go out for a walk or hit the gym but some days (rainy days especally) going from bed to the bathroom is a chore and any kind of incline or decline hurts still. And I didn't know I was over 330 when I got to the store (got a scale too, 334... what a bitch, huh?) so that was a huge shock. Obviously I know I was overweight, but not this bad. Thanks to like the 10 people with kind words... the rest of you enjoy your summer, high school starts back up in about 8 weeks.

Top comments

LuckyCharms_fml 0

Wii Fit is not something made to help you lose weight, it's made to help you STAY in shape or tone up. If you weigh too much to use it you need a personal trainer not a video game. I'll take it if you aren't using it though. It's been raining here for weeks I could use an indoor tone up :D

lissygirl 0

Comments

To quote Blur: you should cut down on your porklife mate... get some exercise

Not an FML...the weight limit for the board here in the U.S. is 330 lbs, Go for a walk/jog everyday or a bike ride, whichever you prefer, watch what you eat and soon enough (hopefully) you'll end up under that mark and can start using it. No need to give up on it, just hold on to it for a little while

That was my first thought. It's actually a really good cardio workout, and on some versions there's a Workout Mode that tells you how many calories you're burning and how far you would have gone running and such. It's fairly low-impact too, especially if you do it on carpeted floor.

Here is a simple plan for losing weight. Eat less, exercise more. I don't understand how people are fat and insist that they can't get any slimmer, it is very simple. I have never been overweight because I eat well and exercise more than other people. 330 pounds+ is just disgusting.

love_fml_a_lot 0

oh I feel so bad for you! I guess you'll have to try another approach on losing weight. Good luck! PS that's why they have refunds

dfoerra 0

the weight limit is 300lbs. I am a huge fat ass and I don't weigh that much! Maybe you should stop playing video games and start riding a bike. It's like a video game, you have to move around people, dodge cars, etc... Except in the end, you're not fat!

lovely997 0

I don't think the op wants suggestions on how to lose weight. It's kind of beside the point. FYLop- if you decide to listen to these morons. If you want weight loss advice this is the wrong website. Its full of a bunch of little girls and boys who are lacking everything. Anyone who has a problem with what I said? I DGAF

Yeah, what part about buying a VIDEO GAME to lose weight didn't strike you as incredibly dumb? Go outside for free.

deathbunny256 0

How is this an FML? I wish I could get my overweight Wii Fit to lose some pounds. It is seriously fat and I am tired of reminding it to stop snacking so much. Kudos to the OP for getting Wii Fit to lose some weight, kudos.

Think of it like this, it's not easy to just run to the gym and workout. He probably thought it would be alot easier if he toke 'baby steps'. So instead of insulting what he wants to do, try to put yourself in his shoes and imagine the options you have when trying to beat obesity...they're probably slim to none.