By Inod - 07/07/2009 14:31 - United States

Today, I finally got a Wii Fit to try and lose some weight. I came home and set it all up, only to be told that I weigh too much to actually use it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 396
You deserved it 88

Inod tells us more.

Inod 0

I'm the OP, decided to make an account... Reason I put on so much weight is cause I had a car run up my leg by a 16 year old bitch who was too busy chatting on her phone to even notice she hit me. So after my broken foot, ankle, and leg "healed", I got to go through the process of starting rehab on all the torn stuff in my ankle. 18 months later, I can walk again with only a slight limp. Yay! Believe me, I'd love to be able to go out for a walk or hit the gym but some days (rainy days especally) going from bed to the bathroom is a chore and any kind of incline or decline hurts still. And I didn't know I was over 330 when I got to the store (got a scale too, 334... what a bitch, huh?) so that was a huge shock. Obviously I know I was overweight, but not this bad. Thanks to like the 10 people with kind words... the rest of you enjoy your summer, high school starts back up in about 8 weeks.

Top comments

LuckyCharms_fml 0

Wii Fit is not something made to help you lose weight, it's made to help you STAY in shape or tone up. If you weigh too much to use it you need a personal trainer not a video game. I'll take it if you aren't using it though. It's been raining here for weeks I could use an indoor tone up :D

lissygirl 0

Comments

AnnieLennox1954 0

Wow, getting a Wii Fit to get in shape. What a novel idea. You must be as intelligent as you are healthy. YDI.

LMAO!! not the sharpest tool in the shed... I hate when ppl get lazy about exercising...like doing girl pushups... Just go outside and run, bike, swim, or something!!!

I agree with you on everything but the "girl" push-ups. Women modify the push-ups not because they can't do it, but because when you modify it certain ways it works different muscles. We don't want to gain muscle the same places men do. You want to tone your chests, we want to tone our arms. Also there are many times people have back problems and doing a "plank" push up (or your "man push ups) puts too much pressure on the lower back. By bending their knees they can alleviate pressure on the lower back and still be able to work the upper muscles. Not to mention, a lot of times, people like you who sit there and braga bout doing certain push ups are actually doing it wrong. I walked around the gym with a PT who pointed out at least 80% of the gym who were working out incorrectly. And most of them were big ole muscle men. Think before you speak. Or better, think before you insult.

Too fat to use the game, and you suggest he ride a bike??? You are the bigger moron.

That's a bit perplexing. Guys that have the big fat muscle are doing workouts wrong...? Shouldn't they not have that muscle then? Did you consider that your "PT" could be wrong? I'm not saying he is, just confused me a bit when I read that.

Hes not the only trainer I have heard it from. It's kind of hard to explain without having something to physically show. But i'll try. Have you ever noticed that a lot of really bulk guys walk around with their shoulders hunched up because their neck and shoulder muscles are so big? They kind of walk around with their shoulders up and arms out like they are ina perpetual shrug? It's because their "format" is wrong. When you work out its very very very important to keep your shoulders down. When you raise your shoulders during certain upper body manuevers you are using those top muscles to do most of the work rather than, say, your arms which is where you orginally wanted the muscle growth. Obviously if you're doing any sort of repetition you'll grow muscles, but you'll do it in other places you may not want (shoulders... not your back shoulders but around your neck). Basically if you don't keep your shoulders down, the more muscle you gain that way, the more you look like you walk around with a dumbbell up your ass. And with pushups. If you aren't making sure your body is in a straight plank when doing "manly" push ups you are putting a ton of pressure on your lower back. Where your hands are is important (a lot of people put their hands to far in front of them which causes more pressure on the back and shoulders and wrists), stuff like that. Over time, continuing to do that yes you'll build muscle, but you'll also weaken target areas such as wrists and spine which could potentially lead to arthritis and stuff like that. I didnt mean to say people who work out wrong don't build muscle. Of course they do. But when they do it wrong they put themselves at high risk for injury and they also tend to build muscle where they dont want muscle.

Change your eating habit and get on a bicycle. Work yourself up to you can cycle a pretty big round and you should see your kilo's flying away.

wow those boards are rated for 300 pounds. how much do you weigh?

Holy crap. Losing weight is good if you need it (or want it), but if you want to lose weight, Yoga exercices and other streching cannot help. Go outside, walk a dog, turn off the computer and tv, go buy groceries on your bike...

Not true. Yoga is amazing for losing weight. Yoga is SO MUCH more than "stretching." You've never done a REAL yoga class have you? Most guys I know mock it, until they try it. Most dont go back. Why? They can't handle it. Its too much. 1) Bikram Yoga burns more calories in an hour than running at a high speed for an hour and a half does. Theres cardio for ya right there. 2) Yoga uses the body as resistance. You're using your body as a natural weight. You do more pushups and sit ups and crunches and lunges in yoga than you'd think. Warrior positions are basically a lunge you are forced to hold for a certain number of breathes. And the breathing techniques bring more oxygen to the muscles, encouraging growth and health. It works better than the conventional workout because you're doing everything you need to to build muscle. You are stretching, strengthening and then massaging your muscles which is imperative to muscle growth.

dyingstart 0

Well said #125. I'd also like to add that yoga makes you feel great and does wonders for chronic pain (so long as you don't have too many contraindications)

Go for a jog. Wii is a cop-out way to exercise.

just go to a gym that will be the real workout.

On nintendo's website it says that the board can't track weight unless it's below 330 pounds, but the board itself can handle up to 600 pounds.

duckman9 55

so I guess I cant use it to put my pet elephant on a diet? :(

Laurennn417_fml 0

you can still use it, have a friend do the stuff on the balance board and you can do it on the sidelines until u r light enough :) and not all the activities require the balance board.