By hellpop - 24/05/2015 13:19 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I felt pretty. As I deal with a severe anxiety and depression, I was proud of myself. All until a little girl asked: "Are you a boy or a girl?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 765
You deserved it 3 397

hellpop tells us more.

Hey, OP here! c I just wanted to quickly clarify, I did not expect this to be published I was having a pretty bad day and out of needing to vent so I posted the most recent event. I am a cis female, not transgender. However I have polycystic ovarian disorder and I deal with hair growing in places such as my face which is why I believe the girl asked as I hadn't shaved that day... For me, the testosterone I have really effects my confidence so this did knock me back a little bit but thankfully I have very supportive friends and wonderful boyfriend who tell me not to worry so much. c: Thank you for all the positive feedback and comments, it really helps.

Top comments

Hey, it's just a little kid. I'm sure you looked perfect today op!

#102 Shaving doesn't make your hair grow back thicker, it's just a myth.

Comments

That's ok. I'm highly attracted to androgynous people. Especially girls that look like boys. So sexy. But don't take it personal. Kids are funny. My niece told me my hair looked pretty but also crazy.

DGL1138 13

Well, what's the answer? What'd you tell the kid?

I'm sure you looked fantastic! I have anxiety too, so I understand how you feel. Just remember it's a little child and their grasp and such isn't the same as an adult. Now go strut your stuff!

RachelRAWR 6

Wow, I'm jealous! I admire people who are androgynous, honestly. I think they are so attractive! You shouldn't feel ashamed. One time a little girl said that about me, and I actually felt kind of happy. It just depends on how you feel about her comment. Don't let it bring you down, let it do the opposite!

does gender matter? weird question

hey that doesn't mean your not pretty I mean somtimes men just look very feminine so you probably have a strong jaw line or maybe short hair children are easily confused

Emperor_Discord 11

I bet that was Prof. Oak's granddaughter

Don't pay attention to what kids say.. Just believe in yourself. :-)

maybe she was Professor Oak's daughter edit: didn't see someone beat me to that joke. crap.