By hellpop - 24/05/2015 13:19 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I felt pretty. As I deal with a severe anxiety and depression, I was proud of myself. All until a little girl asked: "Are you a boy or a girl?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 765
You deserved it 3 397

hellpop tells us more.

Hey, OP here! c I just wanted to quickly clarify, I did not expect this to be published I was having a pretty bad day and out of needing to vent so I posted the most recent event. I am a cis female, not transgender. However I have polycystic ovarian disorder and I deal with hair growing in places such as my face which is why I believe the girl asked as I hadn't shaved that day... For me, the testosterone I have really effects my confidence so this did knock me back a little bit but thankfully I have very supportive friends and wonderful boyfriend who tell me not to worry so much. c: Thank you for all the positive feedback and comments, it really helps.

Top comments

Hey, it's just a little kid. I'm sure you looked perfect today op!

#102 Shaving doesn't make your hair grow back thicker, it's just a myth.

Comments

Wow, I feel sorry for you. I used to have long hair and I would always be asked that.

Don't worry, OP. Kids don't have filters, so they were probably just curious. Just because they couldn't tell your gender, doesn't mean you weren't looking beautiful!

you should have answered "a boy like you." she'd probably have ended up in tears but she'd have understood

op you dont have to get worried about it. she's small maybe she doesnt know the difference between a man and a woman so its normal to ask but if she was that small her parents should be next to her... anyway you dont have to worry about what people think of you there will always be best and worst and if your not the best in this category remember that there are lots of others categories in which you are the best

Well, I mean, it is a little kid. Trust me, I get that a lot. I normally just laugh and say "Neither." And keep walking.

Some people are both so.. you don't have to tske it as an insult. Besides little kids are always gonna ask weird questions

I have pcos and found that progeseterone (the bioidentical kind in cream form) made me stop having the excess hair and also stopped my hair on my head from thinning so badly, you could ask your doctor about that if you dont want to go the laser hair removal route. I got pregnant my third month of treatment (after being told in the past that id need clomid or other fertility medication before i had a chance). So make sure you're being super careful with your BC if you try it !

Have you ever seen one of the more recent animes that came out? In general, the characters in them are all pretty and cute, but it's impossible to tell if they're male or female. Nevertheless, they are still pretty. I've got the feeling that this might not relate directly to your problem, but my point is, pretty is pretty, gender regardless. Plus, as has been said before, kids don't really have filters...