By Anonymous - 16/06/2009 11:10 - United States

Today, I facebooked my friends about my upcoming birthday party, and told them to keep the date free. I got several responses telling me that's not possible, because that's the day the new Harry Potter movie comes out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 148
You deserved it 30 560

Same thing different taste

Top comments

caffieneminx 0

I would honestly have to agree. Opening night of Harry Potter matches no other.

pshh who wouldn't go watch Harry Potter instead *light bulb goes on in head* maybe you can have your birthday party at the movie theater!

Comments

YDI dude. Harry Potter > you. That's not to say that you're not great or whatever, but I'm pretty sure Harry Potter probably already has his own religion. That said, why don't you have a birthday dinner before everyone goes to see the movie at midnight. Then it's all about you and HP.

yeah sorry, hp opening night, no competition

I'm not saying YDI, but I would think if they're good friends you would know they're Harry Potter fans if they're going on the opening day. Most Harry Potter fans talk about Harry Potter quite a bit when the movies are coming out. Also, most people do know the opening day is July 15th. Even hermits know that. No party should ever be planned on a Wednesday, especially if that Wednesday coincides with anything Harry Potter related. July 15th is quite a while away, and if you *just* facebooked your friends about the plans today, I'm sure you could change them very easily.

and I thought people ditching friends were sad

iceis 0

My friend is getting married on the day the movie is coming out where I live. I told her I'd go to the ceremony, but I have to leave the reception in time to make the midnight premiere. (Also, it's not really an important wedding for me, so don't judge me too harshly!) Priorities, man! We've been waiting WAY too long for this movie! But seriously, why not just celebrate another day? It's so lame that people force their friends and families to hang out with them on their birthday (especially when they're busy/have other unavoidable plans). I mean, a phone call is obviously necessary, just to acknowledge the day, but you can have a party/celebrate within a week or so of your actual birthday and it really doesn't matter! #93 - Facebook IS a verb, duh. #124 - This is definitely another option as well.

Yeah, do it another day. It'd be like trying to get a Star Trek fan to go somewhere OTHER than the movie theatre for opening day. It's not going to happen.

That is the exact same thing i'm going through but with Twilight >:-[

camisado 0

Harry Potter > Friends An extremely violent cruciastus curse to those who disagree.

Have a Harry Potter themed birthday bash like my friend did in 3rd grade when the first or second movie was still in theatres. I was great fun! BTW you deserve it for using facebook as a verb