By expen_dable - 06/07/2009 05:55 - United States

Today, I came home and found out that my new roommate, who smokes half a pack of cigarettes a day and drinks heavily 5 nights a week, had smashed my $300 bong because "weed is a horrible and deadly drug that will kill you slowly." FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 553
You deserved it 36 919

expen_dable tells us more.

expen_dable 0

1. my roommates a girl 2. My old roommate and I both bought the bong and split the price but when she transferred colleges she let me keep it 3. my roommate does drink usually 5 nights a week and she is 19 so she isn't exactly law abiding either

Top comments

Ok. If he wants to play that game then go pour any bottle of booze he has in the house down the drain, crush any pack of smokes of his you see and give him the same line about booze and nicotine. That will either stop his hypocrisy or shut him the hell up.

I would have killed him. no exageration. he would be dead. I would have shoved the pack of cigs so far up his ass he would puke tobacco!

Comments

WOW WOW WOW...so many people in here saying YDI because "weed is illegal" question for all these anti-weed conservatives, how many people has weed EVER killed? how many people have alcohol and cigarettes killed? Just because it's illegal doesn't make it a "worse" drug. You know weed actually helps with illnesses? And is the only completely natural drug, non-addictive, non habit forming. The people who smoke it and are lazy as shit are people who are generally lazy as shit, not because they are stoners. Besides all that and because I don't want to get into a discussion from people who have never even tried smoking weed telling me how bad it is I'd like to address all the idiots clicking YDI just because its "illegal." How the hell does this person deserve this? They did not instigate it in anyway, just because they're "doing something illegal" doesn't mean their roommate has the right to break something. Lets say this person played video games 24/7 and came home to find their roommate had smashed their xbox because it's "too addicting and wastes all their time." Would they still deserve it? All of you need to roll a joint, and shut the **** up.

YDI for blowing your money on useless junk like pot. Take a whiff of a sharpie, it's cheaper and you get the same feeling.

What does one do with a $300 bong as opposed to, say, a $50 bong? It better roll joints for me and make me toast in addition to being a bong for that price.

EmmieIvanovich 0

You mean, kill him and then turn yourself in for no reason because you go crazy from the guilt? Great plan...

@34: Fail comment. Maybe not a direct killer through cancer or the like but I know of car accidents that have killed where the at-fault driver was high.

xhalighx 0

Yeah, and I know of x1000000 people who kill people while drunk as opposed to stoned. Believe it or not, I did a research paper for my college English class and I found studies where people drove better stoned than sober (myself being one of them) done by California police. I'm tired of people getting their drug education from Reefer Madness and Anslinger's remaining propaganda. All you bigots are probably of the persuasion that "blacks" need to mind their place, women belong in the kitchen, and marijuana causes people to turn into bats (a true court case that won not long after '37!) Anyway, the rest of you cool people should meet me for a NORML rally sometime! We could have a sit in!

aaaaa12345_fml 0

"Although acute cannabis intoxication following smoking has been shown to mildly impair psychomotor skills, this impairment is seldom severe or long lasting. In closed course and driving simulator studies, marijuana’s acute effects on psychomotor performance include minor impairments in tracking (eye movement control) and reaction time, as well as variation in lateral positioning, headway (drivers under the influence of cannabis tend to follow less closely to the vehicle in front of them), and speed (drivers tend to decrease speed following cannabis inhalation). In general, these variations in driving behavior are noticeably less consistent or pronounced than the impairments exhibited by subjects under the influence of alcohol. Also, unlike subjects impaired by alcohol, individuals under the influence of cannabis tend to be aware of their impairment and try to compensate for it accordingly, either by driving more cautiously or by expressing an unwillingness to drive altogether." -Paul Armentano of NORML

fantome_fml 0

Tell him he has to buy you a new one, or since even though he doesn't agree with your lifestyle it was still worth $300 tell him your taking that money out of your share of the rent and it's up to him to add that $300 to his share of the rent unless he wants to get evicted.

You're all a bunch of judgmental fuckwads. OP has a right to spend money on whatever he wants, just because you wouldnt make the same purchase does not mean he deserved to have his personal property broken. This is an FML because he had his stuff destroyed because of someone else's opinions AND the hipocrisy in said opinions. To all the YDI voters, I hope someone takes something expensive that you own and destroys it because they think it's bad for you.

LuckyCharms_fml 0

Yes it is, it's drug paraphernalia

aaaaa12345_fml 0

any bong (or any other type of pipe) is legal to buy and own, and is only considered paraphernalia if said bong or pipe contains marijuana resin

Also, to the pot junkies throwing hissy-fits: Even though the dangers of weed are ridiculously exaggerated, they still exist. The chance of weed killing you is far less than the chance of dying due to an addiction to cigarettes, but your lungs will still pay the price. There's no direct link between smoking weed and lung cancer, but it does cause damage to them. So while it's much less harmful than regular smoking, it isn't the miracle drug that you make it out to be. But in its defense, I do think that it should be legalized. It doesn't have enough negative effects to warrant its ban while drugs like alcohol and nicotine are legal. Besides, lung damage is a fitting punishment for thrill-seeking morons and frat boys.

If you honestly think for one second that marijuana is a "drug", you're a complete fool. In no way does it constitute being what a "drug" is. It's in the same category as meth, cocaine, acid, heroine, etc. Can you see what I'm trying to get at? Those all kill you, weed doesn't. Alcohol and cigarettes are drugs, I mean yes cigarettes are derived from the tobacco plant, but there are far to many chemicals to call it natural. They are both heavily addictive and are far worse than you then weed. Pot is just a plant, that's it..just a simple plant that people like to smoke to get high. Most people just complain about how bad it is because they've been told for so long it's "a gateway drug". I would just love to see some scientific proof that shows it is a gateway drug, the fact of the matter though is....there is none. So don't go making false comments about the reefer if you don't what you're talking about. By the way I would much rather be dealing with a stoner then an alcoholic. P.S. This government sucks.

Marijuana is definitely a gateway drug, but only because the government uses scare tactics to convince people that it's just as awful as any other drug. When people finally try weed and realize that it isn't ruining their lives they start to question if the things they've been told about any other drug are true. There's no chemical change in the brain that turns people into drug crazed monsters after smoking weed, it's just natural curiosity taking its course due to poor drug education.

I also want to add although marijuana is still harmful, it isn't as bad as others. It is harmful to...SMOKE it. If you don't like smoking it, then eat it, drink it, or better yet vaporize it. There are many ways around the lung cancer that it doesn't cause. In conclusion, marijuana is much better then all the rest of those ways of getting high, IF you use it wisely...if you smoke everyday, 3 times a day then it is going to have an effect on your life just as everything else. I personally smoke the reefer when I want to boost my creativity, and it does a damn good job.

Most joints have many times more ammonia than cigarettes do. Then again, you could roll your own and get around that problem.

People like you should have been in the holocaust.

Drug- A chemical substance, such as a narcotic or hallucinogen, that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behavior and often addiction. Weed causes changes in behavior. And affects the central nervous system. And THC is a chemical substance. Therefore weed= a drug.

bogg_fml 0

#214- You clearly see that the defination says a CHEMICAL SUBSTANCE.. In what way is weed CHEMICAL?..