By expen_dable - 06/07/2009 05:55 - United States

Today, I came home and found out that my new roommate, who smokes half a pack of cigarettes a day and drinks heavily 5 nights a week, had smashed my $300 bong because "weed is a horrible and deadly drug that will kill you slowly." FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 553
You deserved it 36 919

expen_dable tells us more.

expen_dable 0

1. my roommates a girl 2. My old roommate and I both bought the bong and split the price but when she transferred colleges she let me keep it 3. my roommate does drink usually 5 nights a week and she is 19 so she isn't exactly law abiding either

Top comments

Ok. If he wants to play that game then go pour any bottle of booze he has in the house down the drain, crush any pack of smokes of his you see and give him the same line about booze and nicotine. That will either stop his hypocrisy or shut him the hell up.

I would have killed him. no exageration. he would be dead. I would have shoved the pack of cigs so far up his ass he would puke tobacco!

Comments

Well... Weed IS a horrible and deadly drug that will kill you slowly. He's a hypocrite, but that doesn't make him wrong.

sniperkit 10
Kbay0213 0

I think it’s kind of entertaining to see every one sit here bickering about pot and bongs, I mean this guy obviously smokes weed and is obliviously is up set that his naive idiotic roommate is ill informed of anything about drugs. Bongs are not illegal and are not actually made for smoking weed, they are made for tobacco which is how all the sales rep. get to sell it, its like a loop hole in the system. I don’t personally smoke pot, but I definitely don’t have a problem with it. I mean I’m exposed to it daily and if anything I might as well be a pot head from the second hand smoke, but it doesn’t bother me its just not something I feel ready to do. Another thing, if you smoke pot, do you really think that the people that do smoke it really give a **** about they’re health, I mean honestly. And with the gate way drug shit, if you want to get down to it, Pot, Weed whatever you call it isn’t the source or beginning of it, Its cigarettes and alcohol. Which in face, are a form of drug. I don’t understand why someone doesn’t just legalize it. I mean the government didn’t think it through, really. If they legalized it you could sell it anywhere which would make the price of weed cheaper and they could probably tax it. So not only would weed be cheaper then it already is, the government would be getting something out of it so they wouldn’t complain about it either. It’d be like the next cigarette and alcohol. I mean that’s exactly what they did with those two.

Twist9 0

@122 Yes, actually, I would let my friends drink poison and in fact often do, because alcohol is technically poisonous (a cellular poison). In fact it seems her roommate is a big fan of that particular poison and she has never done anything so flagrantly mean-spirited in order to prevent her from making the choice of imbibing that poison of her own free will. Cannabis use does increase the heart rate which can (with some genetic or physical predisposition) cause some complications, but guess what, so does smoking tobacco, another of her roommate's favorite pastimes. Also, surprise surprise, running elevates heart rate for prolonged periods (if you run for prolonged periods) and thus is equally harmful in the ways you pointed out. Cannabis is not like amphetamines or other stimulants which elevate heart rate to dangerous levels, as you seem to be implying, any more than running is (or sexual arousal for that matter). Elevated appetite is a common effect of cannabis use, however attributing bad nutrition to the munchies is misguided as a user will almost always eat what is already at hand, and if the foods at hand are high in fat an cholesterol the likelihood is that the problem is not with the munchies but with food purchasing habits of the user. Cannabis can influence hormonal regulation in relation to reproduction, and so anyone trying to get pregnant or get their partner pregnant should avoid smoking in the short term, however long-term effects on the reproductive system other than a slight increase in risk for some specific forms of testicular cancer (a risk that should be considered by any cannabis user) has not been demonstrated by scientific or medical research. Cannabis smoke is usually inhaled deeper than tobacco smoke, and if unfiltered heavier in particulates and "tar" (studies show about 4 times the particulates in a joint than in a filtered cigarette). Some behavior such as "chiefing" or holding smoke in for prolonged periods of time can increase particulate deposition in the lungs. However, a majority of cannabis smokers smoke on average one joint worth of cannabis or less per day, as compared to the 1-2 packs a day for the average tobacco smoker, depositing approximately 5-10 times as much particulate matter as in a joint. So yes, on average cannabis smokers do less damage to their lungs than tobacco smokers. As to your accusations about cannabis leading to use of other drugs, this is only a sociological difference and is true only because of social norms.

Twist, get out of here with your facts! I want more poorly drawn cartoon characters with dogs condemning their pot smoking owner. Those are hilarious and more believable than what researchers may say.

Antoniodab 0

would you let your friend drink poison? its basically the same thing Marijuana increases heart rate by about 50%. Frequent use can lead to the possibility of damage to the heart such as heart murmurs, heart attack, and stroke. Smoke and ash burning your lung tissue, does that sound smart? The munchies can cause obesity and high cholesterol. Marijuana also has an effect on hormone levels which can lead to reproduction problems Cannabis users inhale more deeply and joints are smoked without a filter, BS it's less harmful than tobacco. And many times using weed will lead to doing other harmful drugs.

magiczipperman 0

but does weed have rat posion in it or many of the other ridiculously harmful chemicals added to tobacco to preserve? and have u seen most potheads? very few of them are fat so u have to be friggin kidding me that getting the munchies makes overweight. and dude im pretty sure my sex life hasnt been deterred becuz of smokin a couple joints every now and then.

You are entirely correct except for the last line. It is not backed up in any way that weed directly leads to the use of other drugs. This is just mainstream media bullshit to try and stop kids from smoking weed. While it can be harmful itself, it in no way directs the brain to have the need for other drugs. It is entirely up to the individual whether or not to try more serious drugs.

YDI for spending 300 dollars on a bong.

Kbay0213 0

I'd like to add that everyone saying it cause cancer, obiviously you could smoke a ******* stick, no matter what you smoke if your breathing it in your gonna do something to your lungs, err derr. But if it's sooooo bad for you why are MDs trying to get it legalized for medicle use? They're excuse is because it helps cure cancer (: Ironic right. People suffering from cancer often lose their feeling of being hungry do to the Kimo thearapy, and often get sick with nausea, What does pot do for those people? It gives them the munchies making them eat again, and eliminating, and some people claim that it can shrink tumers. So yet again hypocricy coems into play

really, weed helps cure cancer? did you get that information from the local drug-dealer's seminar?

Actually, there have been tons of studies about how marijuana can help reduce brain tumors. It's a fact that pot can help cure cancer

southernbelle913 0

Mixed feelings. I have no problem with weed, its very relaxing, but it can kill (ex. Driving under the influence) but at the same time you have the lazy **** stoners who give it a bad name. Some of the smartest and most successful people i know smoke weed. and i think it's illegal because they can't regulate it. If they legalized it, how many drug dealers do you know that would actually pay taxes on it? Sucks your roommate is an Ill-informed bitch. You would think a 19 yr old would undersrand a little better and not be quite so ignorant. I vote payback.

KevDawg673 0

YDI. Candidly speaking, the guy did you a favor by breaking it. Stop smoking weed. Not just because it's illegal (that is one reason), but because there really is no reason for it.

There is also no reason to be in this website. Goodbye.

@OP: FYL @people who say YDI for it "being illegal": get a life @124: "Cannabis users inhale more deeply and joints are smoked without a filter, BS it's less harmful than tobacco. And many times using weed will lead to doing other harmful drugs." Inhale more deeply and are smoked without a filter is a BS argument and it's alot less harmfull then tobaco because its less addicting (No nicotine). But most joints have tobacco in them so joints are more harmfull then cigarettes. But weed itself isn't. And weed itself WON'T make you use harmfull drugs, it's because you need to get weed at people who get you in contact with people who use/sell these drugs and that's because it's illegal.

evantime 0

Anyone who doesn't understand why someone would pay 300 dollars for a bong clearly has never smoked out of a 300 dollar bong. It get's you more ripped, is better for you because the majority of the toxins in marijuana are drawn into the water. It's an investment that makes the weed you do buy better.

The OP's roommate smokes half a pack of cigs a day, that's 10 a day. How many people do you know that smoke 10 joints a day?

A day? Try an HOUR!! Seriously though, I'm around 2 per day myself. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Sometimes rolled with a ZigZag, sometimes with a Zen.... Joints are technically the least unhealthy way to smoke (compared to pipes or bongs, that is) because the smoke is filtered through the pot and loses a lot of the tar on the way. You don't get that with pipes, and only to a limited extent with bongs. (regardless bongs are my favorite way to go)