By Mr_poole - 18/05/2013 20:06 - United States - Castle Rock

Today, I brought my girlfriend home for the first time. I was really excited to introduce her to my parents, until we found my mother waving around a wooden sword, and my father trying to shove my sister into the dryer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 867
You deserved it 5 354

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wlddog 14

Well you see... First the house was attacked by pirates. Thankfully the mom managed to get her hands on the family wooden sword and defend their dwelling. But then they found out there was actually a spy in the house and it was a clone of the sister. Of course everyone knows that clones can only be defeated by getting put in the dryer, so dad was defeating the evil clone while mom defended against any future pirate attacks. It was a good thing Op brought his girlfriend to his house for safety, because who knows which house the pirates would attack next!

Jelbeztok 17

sounds like you have a very interesting family. what was their reason for this?

Comments

Haha that's awesome! I get you and your girlfriend will get a laugh out of it, your family sounds terrific

did anyone else notice this fml did not start with "today"?

Well OP no one has a perfect family. If your S/O judges you harshly based on your family, at least you know now and can leave before wasting years on them and finding out the hard way.

olpally 32

Sounds like you are the griffin family! Lol. Wow.

...That would actually make a lot of sense. Peter shoving Meg into a dryer is a plausible scenario.

olpally 32

Damn right it does #20!! Lol, mental image of this is perfect now! Lol.

Sounds like a normal day at my house.

Just a typical day in Narnia. I fail to see the issue here.

Exactly. They were probably shocked to see OP and his girlfriend come through the wardrobe. I mean door. Really, he shouldn't have intruded on the white witch's territory.

Where the hell is Aslan when you need him?

Cussing out people who speak to him in Hindi at his place of business. Oh. That says Aslan not Asian. I need a better monitor. Or new glasses.

It's a little embarrassing, but it could've been worse. When I first met my husbands parents, I felt like they were scrutinizing my every move. Walking into a house where everyone's a little crazy and not afraid to show it would actually put me at ease.

What girl wouldn't be impressed? Your family sounds like something out of Bob's Burgers. If anything, I'd feel relaxed. Perfect, never awkward families would just make me anxious during the visit.

Wow, your family sounds hype. Sweet