By MDoremis - 24/02/2015 04:58 - United States - Honolulu

Today, I bought How To Train Your Dragon and the cashier started complaining how her kids keep demanding dragon stuff and that mine will start after they see the movie. I don't have any kids, and I didn't have the courage to tell her I was buying it for myself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 105
You deserved it 5 348

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rieebee 23

Dragons are awesome, who cares what others think.

Hopefully you didn't get so nervous that you started to Hiccup. Of course if a guy ever laughed at me for liking kid movies then he would become Toothless.

Comments

Why be ashamed? Its a good movie and not all that childish. Coulda been MLP, eekk!

My two year old got into the movie after winding up watching it with me. I had put it on for me to watch. I went and saw the second one in theaters with my boyfriend while my ex husband had my son. My point is that it's a great movie and it's just fine to enjoy movies that were made for a target audience that you are not necessarily part of.

Hey, own it OP. That movie is fantastic. I'm in my early 30s and I'm not afraid to say it is one of my favorite films. Hell, my father is looking 60 in the eye and he is the one who introduced me to it.

How could she dis the movie? My life is a lie now...

You're not the only one. There's nothing to be ashamed of and if she has an issue then she lived a very sheltered childhood. How I see it? Cartoons - especially from Disney & Dream Works - are for anyone! "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney

I love animated movies! If you haven't seen "Iron Giant", "The Incredibles" and "Kiki's Delivery Service" do so immediately! People who don't like cartoons have forgotten what it's like to be a kid. And they should probably be avoided. Because they are Grinches. :)

Those movies are awesome. Sorry you aren't proud of your impeccable taste in movies...

What's wrong with buying it for yourself? I may be an adult but I still love kid movies. The plot and story lines are still interesting.