By Marty - 10/10/2017 13:00 - United States - Irving

Today, I bought a small bottle of liquor to share with my husband to celebrate our move. It took three hours at the store as the cashier, manager, GM, and a police officer checked my ID believing it was fake. I'm 25. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 175
You deserved it 304

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lobby_Bee 17

I'm surprised you would even think about staying that long. I would of just said **** this and leave after a third person saw my ID and still have doubts.

was it that they thought the Id was fake or was it just you look really young, Which could kinda be a weird compliment

Comments

That sounds horrible. Do you have any idea why?

was it that they thought the Id was fake or was it just you look really young, Which could kinda be a weird compliment

PenguinPal3017 19

I think they believed that the ID was fake because she looks so young. Since she just moved maybe it being a non-local ID added to the doubt.

Lobby_Bee 17

I'm surprised you would even think about staying that long. I would of just said **** this and leave after a third person saw my ID and still have doubts.

If you are under suspicion of having comitted a crime you might not be at liberty to leave however you want.

First, stores have no legal authority to detain any even if they suspect you of committing a crime. You are not required to wait until a cop arrives and have to deal with him or her. You have the right to leave. Secondly, attempting to buy alochol underage isn't a crime until you obtain possession of it. That occurs if the store completes the sale, which they are forbidden to do. Thus, no authority want so ever to stop you from leaving.

mwildridge 9

why is FML repeating FMLs that have already been posted?

Maybe because life experiences are not unique and same things happen to different people?

Hey mwildridge! We try not to repeat stories, but we make mistakes sometimes! If you found an older duplicate of this one could you message me with the details? Thanks!

I would not have waited that long. If they didn't believe you, then go to a different place.

I don´t know how that works in your country, but over here you could sue the store for what would be called "hedonic damages". Though the trouble and money invested in doing such a pursue is not always worth it, it surely helps people do a statement, a claim that they are aware of their rights and unwilling to be exploited, in a legal form.

arioch_fml 20

Wow it must suck for your husband to go out with you in Public then.

I know what your talking about my girl is 23 and gets ided all the time

There's a difference between being IDed and having people think your ID is fake. Also, 23 isn't so old that being IDed is unrealistic. I ID people at work, and I'm required to ID everyone.