By transfer - 03/06/2011 21:34 - United States

Today, I asked to change my major at the college I'm transferring to in the fall. Instead of letting me change my major, they withdrew my acceptance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 747
You deserved it 4 760

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI! They accepted you into a specific program. Once you decided to change majors they would have re-checked your qualifications for the new program and the number of spaces available. Either you did not qualify or there was no room. By the time they went through all that, the original program was probably full and they could no longer fit you in. For the rest of you aspiring geniuses who are assuming this is the universities fault - never change your major without first checking that you qualify AND there is space. If you skip that step then you are an idiot and don't deserve to go at all.

University admins are often dangerous people that don't mind screwing your life plans for bureaucracy. Beware and play the system right OP.

Comments

blairebourgeois 2

whoops wrong comment:/ sorry

Mrrevorp 0

was this for the one about the dummy? lmao

Wow, that sounds terrible. They could have just denied your request and moved on!

Are you sure YOU didn't accidentally withdraw your application? Universities tend not to withdraw students once admitted without a good reason.

Capt_Oblivious 10

They did change your major.....from a college student.

RayneStorm93 0

That sucks! why couldn't they just change it? My university did and it was nothing

a_nutritionist 10

most likely because the one they were changing into was at capacity, and if you dont want to be doing the course you were accepted for theres no point keeping you enrolled when theres others waiting to do it themselves. it also shows a lack of organisation and management, because this person just applied for a course without really thinking it through.

AaronTkr 0
OCDC 9

Elephants Vilify Indian Lemurs

ZX6Rninja 0
ArielTheMermaid 17

Even Virginia Ignores Legislatures

sourgirl101 28
kaleighiscool 0

That Sucks! Maybe you should apply for a better college, saaaay, LSU! GEAUX TIGAHz!

Eggers 2
Flutist 3

She might not understand what it means to get dominated by someone verbally that isn't her brother.

that really sucks OP ! hope all goes well (:

perdix 29

Maybe you chose an easy major, and they thought that you could hack it while they took your money, but they figure that you'd flame out of the new major.