By Anonymous - 02/10/2009 04:46 - United States

Today, I applied for college graduation. Turns out my advisor screwed me over and now I'm 1 credit hour short of getting my degree. Now I have to wait another semester and pay $3,500 just to take a one hour class on Bowling so that I can graduate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 794
You deserved it 6 181

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jchansfan 0

That sounds rather fake. 3,500$ for Bowling? Why would you even need a class on Bowling for college? Now that the serious part is out of the way... With only one class I guess you'll have a lot of SPARES. :P Maybe you should protest it and start a student STRIKE. :P Well, looks like that's another 3, 500$ in the GUTTER! :D

wow. i wouldnt do that. i would tell them its just an hour credit and try to work it out. try to talk to the people and get help. but that sucks.

Comments

It's $3500 for one credit hour at your school? Where the hell do you go?

$3500 per year. You pay for one year, and go to as many classes as you like.

That's liberal arts... Long lives crap that you can read about on Wikipedia and has no practical value in real life unless you go on jeopardy!

Why not apply to a community college locally and take an easy in seat or online class this semester that can transfer to your college?? It'll be a hell of a lot less than $3500. Most comm colleges offer 8 week classes that transfer. Also, if youve taken any AP classes in High school look at getting them added to your transcript. Or maybe see if you can take what used to be called CLEP exams to test out of a class but essentially get the credit hours for it on your transcript. I personally would go meet with the department chair of your program because while colleges don't advertise they can do it most will grant you the ability to waive certain classes or reqs if it's your last semester especially if you have all of your core classes completed. And if the Dept chair doesn't do anything work your way up the university ladder and speak with the next person above the Dept chair which I believe would be the Vice Provostof student affairs. Good luck and fyl.

randybryant799 20

I'm kind of blaming you for this. I'm the kind of person who would know exactly how many credits I had and how many I needed.