By Debra2005 - 20/05/2009 02:17 - United States

Today, I adopted a dog from the local shelter. I put the dog in the car and he was shedding everywhere, but I was ok with that because he was my dog. As I pulled into the parking lot, the dog began to poop in the backseat of my car. When I got him out of the car, he ran off. $100 for him to poop and run away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 328
You deserved it 10 712

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Myrra_fml 0

No idea what size that dog was, but regardless, you should have had him/her on a leash. YDI. :/

Awww!! You should really have put it on a leash, shelter dogs can be crazy at first lol. Are you positive you'll never be able to find him? :(

Comments

peach_fml 0

if you adopted from a shelter, most of them are microchipped now. It's part of the adoption fee. And as everyone already stated if you weren't smart enough to think to put a dog on a leash, you don't deserve one. Just because you paid for him doesn't make him realize you own him.

Aren't you going to go look for him? You don't spend 100 dollars on a dog, get pissed, sigh, then post about your pet fail on a website. And why wasn't the dog on a leash or in a carrier? You obviously don't know enough about animals to know what to do. Poor dog was probably freaked shitless, no wonder they ran away. It's an automatic response. They don't "know" you.

Jboolia 0

I like how everyone assumes the OP didn't use a leash or was being irresponsible. I used to be a dogwalker and know how easily a dog's leash can slip, or how a dog can overpower a person. Especially if the dog is scared or under a lot of stress. Any way, good luck finding the dog. You may want to get help next time you transport a new pet, though.

MichelleSoFlyy 0

Lol that happened to me before.. Got a new dog and it had puked in the car and then when we got home trying to get him out the car the dog ran. haha.

GlassJAwkidE 3

Eh my dog pooped in my backseat. It sucks. OP I hope you find him.

Go cats and kittens! I don't know what people see in dogs anyway

grapes1414 0

One, cats are the most boring creatures in the world. Second, dogs rock( true and proven fact)

skyblues 6

I have never seen a dog throw down some licks on a guitar, but I'll just take your word for it.

"I was ok with that because he was my dog" Reminds me of this quote from Road Trip: Kyle: It's not cheating if you spread peanut butter on your balls and let your dog lick it off. [Josh, Rubin and E.L. are understandably repulsed] Kyle: Because it's your dog. Rubin: Jesus Christ! Kyle: You know, because it's YOUR dog, get it? Rubin: Yeah, we've got it.

If you did the responsible thing and micro chipped him/her, then he shouldn't be too far away from your collection. If not, YDI. #3 has a good point as well!