By why they bomb - 09/03/2015 06:01 - Canada - Campbell River

Today, feeling in need of a self-esteem boost, I took what I thought was a good selfie and I put it on Facebook. Out of 500 friends, the only response I got was a picture of Saddam Hussein with the caption, "This is why I bomb people." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 933
You deserved it 7 831

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe he said that because your picture was the bomb

That's what you get when you're fishing for a self-esteem boost on social media. Sorry. Be happy with yourself, regardless of what everyone else thinks. Pride comes from within, not from the approval of others.

Comments

Youre assuming a lot there, man. And being a bit nasty for no reason, did something happn to you as a kid? What did ur parents do to you? Theres something youre not telling us, big man.

saffy66 34

Never, ever rely on Facebook for your personal validation. Especially when it comes to posting selfies. Did you put some sort of caption on the pic that would make people feel you were fishing for compliments? Rather than do that, save selfies for when there is a positive change for which you might be complimented; for example, if you've had a haircut you like, make it clear you're sharing your joy at your haircut turning out better than expected, rather than just making it a 'look at me, look at me' post. And as others have pointed out, of those 500 'friends', only a small proportion are likely to be real friends, and not all of them will necessarily have seen your post.

Bad news. You don't have 500 friends. You might know 500 people but most aren't friends. YDI For letting a pathetic site like Facebook determine your self worth.

ajs1987 15

Don't look to FB for friends. I have a little less than 400 FB friends, and outside of family members, there's only about 15 of them that I'd actually consider a real friend.

try out other ways to boost the self esteem...go out and do something that makes you happy...

At least you got a response! I hardly ever comment on friend's selfies unless they're also doing something particularly interesting, and I imagine most people don't scroll through their news feed dolling out ego boosts either (unless they're expecting one in return).

You expected everyone to just drop what their doing because you posted a selfie? YDI, and don't bury me or rate me down for "lowering OP's self confidence" because that's not my problem, sorry OP but that's not the way to get esteem

Now you know that selfies aren't a self-esteem booster for anyone.