By Anonymous - 16/02/2016 07:39 - Australia - Balwyn North

Spicy
Today, during an unrelated appointment with my GP, he offered me a free check for chlamydia. Despite me reassuring him that I was STI free, he insisted that I should undergo the test. I ended up agreeing, only because I was too embarrassed to admit that I'm still a virgin. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 364
You deserved it 5 153

Same thing different taste

Top comments

awildwhisper 30

Your future partner will most likely appreciate you being a virgin and STI free.

Comments

There is nothing to be embarrassed about! You should be proud that you're still virgin, not just losing you virginity to anyone. Be proud that you're saving it for the right one (hopefully till marriage!)

Why are people thumb-downing this? It's good to be a a virgin. And in marriage, you have that person like, forever, as opposed to a boy/girl/bi/homofriend relationship, where they would leave you like, BOOM. I agree with #43. That's just me.

i had a gp that kept insisting i get tested for stds even though i kept telling her i was a virgin. She actually ordered more tests then i knew; including a pregnancy test. i would get a new doctor, you don't need one that pushes that on you.

The doctor did t know she was a virgin. What? Doctors are now expected to be practiced in the art of mind reading now?

It's a doctor I'm sure they don't care if you're a Virgin or not. They care mostly about your health. Also I'm sure I'm a virgin is tame and normal compared to some things they have heard and seen.

You should have just said I am not seeing anyone at the moment so there is no need for a test.

No shame in that OP, keep your clean head up - time will come. If you start hitting 30 though, might want to do it with someone not so special to get it over with :P jk jk no pressure

You shouldn't be ashamed to be a virgin. There is nothing wrong with that. If anything be proud.

After only 3 years as a med student, you being a virgin would not phase me at all. Someone who has been practicing for years probably wouldn't even blink.

Just putting it out there, STIs can be hereditary, and still not show symptoms, so it's great that you're getting a checkup regardless of your sexual activity, or lack thereof.

The one she was tested for isn't one of them.

I'm not sure why people think its embarrassing to be a virgin. It's a free ******* world and there's no law against being a virgin.