By Anonymous - 16/02/2016 07:39 - Australia - Balwyn North

Spicy
Today, during an unrelated appointment with my GP, he offered me a free check for chlamydia. Despite me reassuring him that I was STI free, he insisted that I should undergo the test. I ended up agreeing, only because I was too embarrassed to admit that I'm still a virgin. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 364
You deserved it 5 153

Same thing different taste

Top comments

awildwhisper 30

Your future partner will most likely appreciate you being a virgin and STI free.

Comments

What pp said. It is a made up social construct that makes people think it is a good thing, when its just... There.

Next time, OP, just tell the doctor you're not currently sexually active and decline the test. Honesty is generally best when talking to your doctor. They don't judge you for it—it's just their job to make sure you're healthy.

Twisted_Angel 17

why be embarrassed about that? be proud that you're waiting until you find someone you really love.

Similar thing happened to me the first time I got asked, I ended up telling the lady I'd get it done another time. But honestly you get used to patiently explaining intimate details of your love life to medical professionals, they only press you because they want to make sure you're well informed and being healthy. It can seem like they're treating you like a child who can't look after your own sexual health but I'm sure their double checking has helped some people who have been too reluctant to ask for the tests. They get all sorts walking through their doors, you'll be one virgin amoung many so hold your head up and let them know, you shouldn't feel pressured into unnecessary tests.

There isn't anything wrong with being a virgin still. I'm a 21 year old college student and I am one too.

I feel your pain. I recently had to get a new doctor as the one I had from birth retired. I had to explain why a responsible woman of my age had yet to get a pap done. Just steady yourself and tell him.

The risk of cervical cancer is very low if you haven't had sex, but it's generally worth having smears done anyway just in case

why be embarrassed. be proud. it's not like you get a Merritt badge for losing your Virginity.

you seem sensible. Much rather that than be riddled with disease eh? always look on the bright side :)