By Anonymous - 16/02/2016 07:39 - Australia - Balwyn North

Spicy
Today, during an unrelated appointment with my GP, he offered me a free check for chlamydia. Despite me reassuring him that I was STI free, he insisted that I should undergo the test. I ended up agreeing, only because I was too embarrassed to admit that I'm still a virgin. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 363
You deserved it 5 152

Same thing different taste

Top comments

awildwhisper 30

Your future partner will most likely appreciate you being a virgin and STI free.

Comments

awildwhisper 30

Your future partner will most likely appreciate you being a virgin and STI free.

MikaykayUnicorn 36

Exactly what I was going to say. I'm a 20 year-old virgin, and although I joke about it often, I really don't mind it. It gets frustrating sometimes, but it's definitely nothing to be embarrassed about.

I am in the same boat. An interesting story about that is I had to hold an event about sexual health even though I've never done anything nor will I for a long time. I also had to buy condoms for the event and hand them out.

I'm going to one-up you, I'm a 20-years old virgin, but I've also got HPV. Way to go, life, way to go.

#65 We can see on your profile frame that you are a male...

Nothing to be embarrassed about OP! I'm sorry you had to go through that though

Don't worry. They've seen worse. At least you don't have to worry about STI/STD. You aren't the only virgin, OP. Don't be embarrassed

uhm? Tf she doesn't. it may be a "sexually transmitted disease" but all it takes Is a drop of saliva to catch one. (Idk about chlamydia, but in general.)

That is not true. Sexually transmitted diseases are transmitted that way exactly, sexually.

59 you can be a virgin (technically) and have oral and (rarely) get genital herpes. So yes, you can.

#61- then why is it called a SEXUALLY transmitted disease? And why can't anybody explain how having oral sex is cool?

There's nothing wrong with being a virgin if you're happy with who you are. And that's a lot better than having an STD

KayleeFrye 39

No reason to be embarrassed about your virginity. As long as you practice safe sex whenever you do lose it, you have nothing to worry or be ashamed about.

That's not really a bad thing though, good for you! c:

That's ridiculously weird to just give out a free sti test...

Do you know how many people are out there with an STI and still having sex because they are unaware?

MikaykayUnicorn 36

You won't think it's ridiculously weird when you need and STI test but can't pay for it.

Maybe the local health board got a grant and is trying to get doctors to give out this test due to a high incidence in the area.

I get that, guess being from Canada that made me under-think that.

What does being from Canada have anything to do with this? I am from Canada and get my STD/STI tests every 3 months for free, whether I'm in a long term relationship or not. Better safe than sorry. And that's awesome that the OP was able to get the test for free regardless if they are a virgin or not. It's a step in the right direction since most places have to pay for anything medical related.

she just wants to say that Canadians don't have std's! what's wrong with that?

All sexual health screening is free over here, there are loads of places where you can just pick up free postal chlamydia/gonorrhoea tests without even having to speak to anyone. Makes sense to me, preventing spread is the best way to deal with it

It's important to feel comfortable talking with your doctor honestly about your health. Keep in mind that they probably would agree that from a health standpoint, virgin is no bad thing as it guarantees you are disease free. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

0to100rq 6

Wow, You're still a virgin? Nnnnneeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

Haven't you heard, being a nerd is cool now. Jerk.

TAntobella 14

You are an embarrassed virgin yourself #11, aren't you?

mariri9206 32

Just know nerds have a candy named after them.

#11-Nerds make the world go round, idiot. You wouldn't be on your device and commenting if nerds weren't around. And, OP is totally STI/STD free. I bet you are a *****. Or manwhore. OR a embarrassed virgin yourself. There is NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING bad about being a nerd.