By bald baby - 02/12/2018 05:00

Today, despite my protests and warnings, my mother-in-law decided to chemically straighten my bi-racial daughter’s very curly hair. Hours later, not only is her scalp is raw and red, her hair is stringy completely fried and coming out in huge noticeable clumps. Fml
I agree, your life sucks 4 010
You deserved it 338

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If your mother in law cannot respect your decisions, she should not be allowed anywhere near your child again, period.

kricket5 19

Protests and warnings?! There’s no way that woman would’ve gotten anywhere near my daughter’s hair unless she was 18 and could make her own decisions. **** your daughter’s life. Her father & grandmother are both clearly incompetent.

Comments

Be stronger. Your daughter needs you to be.

More details... Was she staying over there and she did it? How old is daughter? I'd be rolling her ass, that's for sure. What has spouse done regarding the bitch MIL? Hopefully you both are reading her the riot act and making sure she is never alone without one of you present until you can trust her enough (which will be never IMO)... She needs to apologize to your entire family and pay for anything to help heal her scalp and repair her hair.

Mungolikecandy 19

As she is the grandmother and not the parent then you should not have warned and protested but said no.

onceuponatime456 16

Charge the b*tch with assault and make sure she never sees your daughter again! Your daughter will be better off without that in her life!

You should have stood your ground. I've had so many rescue calls with people having chemical burns because of hair straightening at home by rookies. Somethings are better left to the pros. I hope your daughter is ok.

404wan 19

what are you talking about warning and protesting? you are the parent and are responsible for the health and safety of your child. learn to be a parent and draw a damn line.

Is it sad that I think it’s nice to know that there are other parents out there dealing with irrational, harmful grandparents that can’t respect your boundaries?

tounces7 27

Why did she get to make that decision, and not you? Whose kid is it?

Never trust hair advice from someone wearing a hairhat

ViviMage 38

Did your mother-in-law do it herself or take your child to a salon to get it done? You could sue for damages/medical treatment of your daughters scalp. That sounds less like an oops and more like a chemical burn! How old is your daughter? And what is wrong in Bi-racial? Is your mother not accepting of this and it trying to make your baby more her race? Let your beautiful daughter be herself! Heck I have crazy curly hair and it caused me some grief around puberty but I learned how to live with it instead of fighting it!