By Ryanissaur - 19/10/2009 05:34 - Australia

Today, being a music student, a professional orchestra performed a symphony that I wrote and dedicated to my girlfriend. It took months to compose and it the first and only time it was ever going to be played. My girlfriend forgot to come. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 540
You deserved it 3 010

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Because, evidently, all people trained in classical composition are homosexual. Let me guess, your knowledge about music is limited to what you hear on top 40?

Comments

Oh ouch. Damn. But thats so sweet what you did for her. :D

Sintrix 0

the only time a woman does that is when she's bangin another dude. time for a new girl mate

riku3220 2

Did you TELL her that it was for her and that it will be the only time it will ever be played or did you say "Hey, come see this orchestra with me"?

perdix 29

Nobody listens to classical music anyways. It only exists today as a tax write-off for major corporations. If you had any talent creating music, you'd be creating the next hit for Miley Cyrus or Taylor Swift. "Hoedown Throwdown" > "Ode to Joy" Which one includes instructions to a line dance? I rest my case.

it doesnt really take a whole lot of talent to write a hit like that, all you need is a 1,5,6,4 in the key of D major, simples.

HAHAHAHA LMFAO Miley Cyrus nor Taylor Swift are talented. They don't write their music or sing their own lyrics. And you are comparing someone who composed a symphony to that trash. And I listen to classical music. It is relaxing. I can also play it as well (violin and piano). kthnx

perdix 29

Lighten up, Francis. Do you guys think I am serious when I say that THE criterion for determining the quality of music is whether it includes instructions to a line dance? Do I really need to enclose my comments in HTML < tongueincheek > < "/" tongueincheek > tags?

@23 - taylor swift writes her own lyrics. how the hell do you think she came up with songs about personal high school experiences? and miley wrote 7 things but i don't know if that helps my case that she's talented.

Yes, Taylor Swift writes her songs. That's why they all sound like some 12 year-old wrote them.

yes, both miley and taylor write their own songs and theyre both talented. but you cant compare them to COMPOSERS in the classical genre of music because they aren't famous for composing and its a completely different style of music! gahh.

If the new songs are so wonderful, why are classical pieces like 'Ode to Joy' still popular 200 years later?

I have nothing but classical compositions for my music. pretty sure im not the only one.

myotheravatar 0

Glad you are so musically educated to believe classical music is a waste of time Perdix and that Taylor Swifts music will last for generations to come. Try to pass judgement on things for which you have a true understanding. Congrats on completing a symphony Ryanissaur. Ditch the girl. One will come along that's worth it. When she truly proves worthy, write your true love and even better one.

He was being SARCASTIC! How are people this dense?

oh now thats unfair, i know the feeling though, bloody women

I'm pretty sure Perdix was being sarcastic about pop>classical. At least I hope so.

perdix 29

Yes, Cthulu, I was, especially the part about Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift being the best representations of pop.

Did anyone read this FML and think, "The OP is boning his girlfriend during this symphony and she wasn't satisfied at all?" I understand that "come" is not spelled in the proper context, but it still turned me on... somewhat...

YDI for not reminding her how important her being there was to you.

wow, that is messed up and I am sorry OP! I would be pissed if I were you! :(. As far as the person who said that you should be writing songs for Taylor Swift and Miley Cirus, that is the lamest shit ever! I have little respect for "musicians" that are so unoriginal, they cannot even write and compose their own stuff. how can you call something that someone else wrote your song, when all that you did was lend the composer your voice! Lame!