By Anonymous - 07/03/2011 05:38 - United Kingdom

Today, before setting off on my train journey I checked my booking. The (non-refundable) return date was a week later than I intended, and after buying a new ticket online, I was informed that I would be able to collect it in 2 hours. I leave in an hour. I'll have to pay three times to come home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 547
You deserved it 12 899

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FYLDeep 25

I guess train journey's are a bad idea... Unless of course you're taking the midnight one going anywhere.

if you give the train attendant a little somethin' I'm sure you'll get on that train. They might even put you up front with the driver so you can 'blow the whistle'.

Comments

fthku 13

Good thinking about checking, bad timing. The checking should be performed WHILE purchasing the original ticket.

Ever heard the phrase "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"? I'm rewriting that for FML: Poor planning on your part allows me to laugh at your stupid ass.

natas_fml 13

YDI for making me have to think when I read this.

BuckeyeNut28 1

it still does not make any sense..

Um, non-refundable may not mean non-changeable. Nor does 'available in two hours' preclude availability in one hour. Talk to a human, you might be better off than you think.

The UK train operators are notorious for being jerks when it comes to stuff like this. You need to triple check that stuff. This is what happens when you privatise your rail networks. If the same thing happened here in Germany, you'd just walk up to the counter and they'd sort it out on the spot, no drama.

krazy_glu3 0

great.... I'll be singing that song all day now

ROFLBERRYPIE 0
surubi 0

Hey OP Even though it says you can only collect your ticket from one station, you can actually collect them from ANY station. Try picking it up when you get to your destination.

chocolate_gateau 0

YDI for not checking your booking in the first place, making sure you get the right one. As a university student in my third year I've got the train home countless times and never got a wrong booking/booked too late as I was intelligent enough to read the screen before paying for it.