By Barista - 05/07/2009 05:21 - United States

Today, at work, a woman came up to the counter and asked if we made sweet and sour chicken. Before I could answer, she told me a really long recipe and said "I expect to see this on the menu next time I come in, or I will complain to the manager about your lousy work ethic". I work at Starbucks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 502
You deserved it 39

Top comments

uhhhhh. xD I think you need to warn the manager about the crazy lady demanding sweet and sour chicken.

letitbe56 0

Something similar happened to me once. I was working in a B&N cafe (which is basically a Starbucks, but owned by B&N) and this guy came in--in his 20s, so young enough to know better--and was like, "How do you make your chai? Is it with some kind of nasty syrup?" I told him that yes, we did use a syrup, but that it wasn't too nasty. He was then like, "No. That's no good," and he proceeded to tell me various chai suppliers in the area, as if I, a barista at a bookstore, had any authority to change where a large, national corporation bought its chai.

Comments

uhhhhh. xD I think you need to warn the manager about the crazy lady demanding sweet and sour chicken.

So many crazy women around these days, aren't there?

SusanaSaysRawrxD 0

there is/are* This made me laugh. So hard. I'm not sure why, because it's really not that funny. but I laughed anyways. xD

emskater18 0

yea i agree just talk to the manager and im sure that he will understand and u wont get fired

report, chuckle, move on... mock her behind her back.

snowsledin 0

all women suck and should be in the kitchen making food.

fantasticcc 0

hahahah i love your name spoo! ive been calling my cat spoo for like 5 years!

best illistration ever created. (at least on the FML) nicely done

shutuptyler 0

In my native language 'spoo' means 'shit'. Hehe..

well in my native language itneverhapened means much worse :o Interesting name for a cat

#210 - wtf is your problem? Sexist; people like you **** the world up.

NewLight8421 0
agentawesome1 0

#210 Oh my god go to hell you ******* sexist douchebag!

So many ignorant people around nowadays, aren't there? Yep.

Completely agree, Say she has something wrong with her, like, she takes drugs or some crap. It'll make her even less believeable.

fmlteengurl 0

Snowsleddin you have some major issues! Woman hav just as many rights as men do! We deserve to be treated as equals. And mind you, all this coming from a 14 year old girl! What now?!

metro_mello 0

Well Mr. #210 douche bag been cheated on one to many times i see. The fact that woman can do these things to you get into your mind and **** it until its dry shows that woman are powerful :) they can do things better than/just as good as any other guy. In fact im smarter than about all of the guys at my school. 10000x way more mature than most of the 20 year old guys i know. more mature than a lot of the 30 year olds i know too. Way smarter than most of them. So i could be anything i want to be in this world than stuck in the ******* kitchen. So i see your stuck in the 1920's so how about you come back to reality and get your head out of your ass before i decide to place it up your dick. Now you just got told by a 14 year old GIRL :) so how bout you go back into the kitchen and make me my sammich you filty hoe! and yes I have a dirty mouth but im pmsing so forgive me :)

saranottelling 7

Not even the 1920's... at least in the 1920's women could vote (In the United States) and leave the kitchen.

dude, this should be on notalwayright.com!

lol 265 u reminded me of that I forgot it for a year wow this sucks now

Selsa_Squirrel 0

In MY native culture it`s a type of fictional food from a sci-fi television series. Weird, eh? Quote: "Spoo is a fictional food product that served as a running joke within the Babylon 5 science fiction television series. In the series' fictional universe, spoo is made from worm-like creatures of the same name and is generally regarded as the most delicious food in the galaxy; the creature itself, however, is regarded with contempt by most species. Despite appearing only in a few episodes, fans embraced spoo and it became part of the series' extended mythology."

RevengeOnYou 0

Go make your own food you lazy bum :] I bet your so fat, u spend your day on the computer eating pie and cake and pizza all day because you can't cook for yourself.

Ascalon 2

@288, you say you're smarter and more mature than most people around you, older or younger. Your post, however, seems to yell otherwise. Furthermore, you're overreacting. He could simply just be joking. As far as I know, sexist jokes such as that are very common, whether against men or women, and these jokes are thrown around so often, the person saying the joke doesn't actually mean it anymore. Why, you don't actually mean sleeping with someone each time you say '****', do you? It's more or less the same basic idea. You have a really short temper and a lousy sense of humor if you're going to be offended by something so trivial. Not to mention you bulldozed that guy for no reason. Be a little lighter and try not to lash out more.

288, you do realize that that was in all likelihood a troll trying to bait you into making a comment like that who is now laughing at you.

@210 ouch dude :P -144 that takes some skills to be fair to them though i am a highly accepting person and i will make sexist jokes but i don't believe in them

QueenOfBoredom 0

^_^ i shouldn't think that thats funny but it really is

#210 Ur an ass and that's a stereo type dumb ass! >:(

Lichinamo 33

210, I should come over and stick your head up your ass. Whoops, sorry, looks like you beat me to it!

Yeah, your life isn't exactly ******. Tell me you didn't get a laugh out of that. I'd probably be trying really hard to not be laughing in her face..

monkeyz0r 0

its an fml because if she complains about the lousy work ethic without explanation he could get fired

mixtapesnradios 0
roflstephh 0

Yeah, this should go on notalwaysright.com , its not really an fml. Still pretty good though haha

666HailSatan666 0

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

letitbe56 0

Something similar happened to me once. I was working in a B&N cafe (which is basically a Starbucks, but owned by B&N) and this guy came in--in his 20s, so young enough to know better--and was like, "How do you make your chai? Is it with some kind of nasty syrup?" I told him that yes, we did use a syrup, but that it wasn't too nasty. He was then like, "No. That's no good," and he proceeded to tell me various chai suppliers in the area, as if I, a barista at a bookstore, had any authority to change where a large, national corporation bought its chai.

haha. yeah... my favorite kind of person