By Barista - 05/07/2009 05:21 - United States

Today, at work, a woman came up to the counter and asked if we made sweet and sour chicken. Before I could answer, she told me a really long recipe and said "I expect to see this on the menu next time I come in, or I will complain to the manager about your lousy work ethic". I work at Starbucks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 502
You deserved it 38

Top comments

uhhhhh. xD I think you need to warn the manager about the crazy lady demanding sweet and sour chicken.

letitbe56 0

Something similar happened to me once. I was working in a B&N cafe (which is basically a Starbucks, but owned by B&N) and this guy came in--in his 20s, so young enough to know better--and was like, "How do you make your chai? Is it with some kind of nasty syrup?" I told him that yes, we did use a syrup, but that it wasn't too nasty. He was then like, "No. That's no good," and he proceeded to tell me various chai suppliers in the area, as if I, a barista at a bookstore, had any authority to change where a large, national corporation bought its chai.

Comments

Tell your manager and if you are working next time she comes in explain to her that you sell coffee. And they won't start making this chicken because one person wanted it. Don't worry it will take more than one crazy b*tch to get you fired. Or at least it shouldn't.

JoshBarblahblah 0

Why are people so upset about whether or not this is a proper fml. It's just a website-get over it. Anyway, I have a similar story. I worked at a corporate video store (not Blockbuster) and this one guy rented a film from the foreign section. I told him that it was subtitled, and he told me, in no uncertain terms, that I was supposed to find an English-language substitute for him to watch by the next time he came in. He then yelled at me over the fact that people in other countries have the right to sell movies in America.

as a fellow barista I can feel your pain! some sbux custommers can act VERY entitled just becaus they spend $100 a week. sometimes you just want to shake them and say "you can make all of this at home!"

jnic 0

So? Just warn the manager about her. Obviously if she goes to tell the manager you have poor work ethic, she will have to say why, and the good memories of the crazy sweet and sour chicken lady will come flooding right back to your manager.

What a psycho. F her life for being an idiot.

dumass30 0

You guys think I'm crazy? And I'm scotish by the way

kira822_fml 0

Tell her to make it herself if she knows the recipe