By khaelian - 08/12/2010 11:47

Spicy
Today, at work, a customer left their cell phone behind. I tried to see if there were any pictures so that I could identify them. No, I still don't know what they look like, but I have seen their penis. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 255
You deserved it 17 901

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you couldn't just look through their contacts instead..?

Why do some guys always take pictures of their penis?

Comments

AceArctic 4

It wasn't a penis! It was a picture of his deformed pet snake! It's only a dick if you believe it's a dick.

joa76 3

The problem is that English is one of the only languages that doesn't have a neutral term. It's tedious and annoying to say "his or her" all the time, so we've adopted the use of "their" in the singular. The problem with being militant about grammar rules is that language changes. Through common usage, new patterns of speech or writing become correct English. The singular usage of the word "their" is in the dictionary, it's been used for hundreds of years, and it's really only a matter of time before it's formally accepted. Think about split infinitives. Some people still consider it grammatically incorrect to say, for example, "to boldly go," because that's a split infinitive, and you should instead be going boldly. But even among English professors this rule is highly disputed. The same goes for ending a sentence with a preposition, which is sometimes the only way to form a coherent sentence (think of the forced "up with which I will not put" instead of "which I will not put up with"--Churchill, if you don't recognize it).

maronofhearts 19

Their - "used after an indefinite singular antecedent in place of the definite masculine form his or the definite feminine form her." Dictionary.com Since half of you guys are still arguing about it and didn't see it the first time someone posted it. Those of you who are wrong stop whining and get over it. Those of you who are right, they wont get over it, move on just because you outsmarted someone on fml doesn't make you special.

grlwhosings 0

Oh dear God...enough with the ******* grammar lessons...who cares! This is fml not a damn writing exam!

Hey- at least OP didn't steal the phone. He/she was just trying to figure out who owned the phone. He/she didn't know what pictures were on it! Who would take those pictures of themselves, anyway?

rookiegirl18 0

Maybe you should have went around and asked people, "Excuse me, are you the owner of this penis?"

bahahahahahahahahaha that effing sucks but is seriously hilarious