By Ugh - 13/12/2016 14:39

Today, at my work in a self-service chinese restaurant, a lady came up to me, pointed to the plate she loaded with honey king prawns, and yelled at me because she was allergic to seafood. She demanded a refund and another plate. Everything is clearly labeled. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 188
You deserved it 528

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Repeat after me: People DON'T read! Customers especially. You can have HUGE signs with flashing lights and fog horns and they still won't read it.

oreosaretoocool 18

Peoples' stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

Comments

The worst of this is that any good business person knows that "the customer is always right." This is the case even if we know they are completely wrong.

No, "the customer is always right" is bullshit, and any GOOD business owner knows that. This one doesn't even fall under "the customer is always king". This one is just "customer is an idiot".

I moderated this one! If it's self-service wouldn't she have put them on her plate herself anyway? It's not like she ordered it and didn't see it before she got it.

Don't give her a refund, shes the next super villain! She starts by tricking you into giving her a refund, next she tricks the white house into giving her nuclear launch codes!

So she us worried about the second plate more than the allergy!!!! How nice!

Helldemon 32

Hope you didn't give her a refund and either refused service or charged her again for another plate for wasting all that food.

At least she didn't pull the "racist" card

Few things in this world are boundless. Human stupidity is one of them.

If (big if) her allergy is severe enough, she shouldn't be eating at a restaurant like that where cross contamination is a very real issue. - signed, someone anaphylactically allergic to shellfish and nuts.....