By nimrod23 - 18/10/2009 09:28 - Australia

Today, as I was walking home late at night, some asshole threw a lit cigarette butt out of their balcony. It fell between my glasses and my eye and left a burn mark on my cheek. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 054
You deserved it 2 528

Same thing different taste

Top comments

most smokers are so rude. so tired of them throwing their butts out windows and not using the ash trays that are built into their cars or spending the dollar to buy one at the dollar store. its like the whole world is their ash tray. so rude. i just want to go to where they live and throw my junk all over their homes and see if that is ok.

That sucks, FYL but it was better on your cheek then in your eyes, that would have been much more painful.

Comments

Mrs_H 0

Once, I had a bird poop on me through a car window that was open only two inches - the car was moving.

fckaduck 0

Why do so many people nothing better to do than type long ass comments on FML? It's sad really...

jennifercw18 0

Yeah, well I have to live with a smoker, and the doctor said it's messing up my respiratory system. So you're incorrect in your statement that we could simply move a couple of feet away--most of the time I'm holed up in my room when I'm at home. Also, we should be able to stand where we want without dealing with smokers. And if your car is that hazardous, then maybe you should get it fixed, then you don't have to litter all over the place. Kthxbai. Smoke in your homes if you want to smoke. If you don't like the smell or whatever, then you shouldn't be smoking. Don't force others to deal with it when it can mess with their health.

aero_fml 0

Again, when I was talking about the health effects I was referring to people that smoke. Brief second hand smoke won't hurt you but it's really inconsiderate to smoke near non-smokers, it's like me ******** myself and sitting next to you on a bus. Also I'm not saying that second hand smoke will kill you, but smoking itself will kill you. You seem to be justifying your smoking habit by saying that there are so many things out there that will kill you -- but why risk it? If you know so much more about the effects of it than me, I fail to understand why you still do it. I've been to a morgue and seen first hand comparisons of smoker lungs and non smoker lungs. The difference is insane, you should look up some pictures. It's also not just the smoke itself. I'm a college student and I hold a full time job as a security guard. My co-workers and employees of the company I'm contracted to all smoke in and around the guard shack. They don't do it when I'm here (yes, I'm "working" now), but the shack and the area around it constantly smells like tobacco. I have the windows and door open but still, the smell gets on my clothes and myself, and transfers to my car and my house. Which, by the way, no longer smells like new car (few months old), but like cigarettes. I don't even smoke and I have to deal with that vile and disgusting smell every day. I'm not quite sure what I'm arguing about anymore, this has pretty much turned into e-ranting on both sides of the fence. But I still don't understand why people smoke, I don't buy into the whole stress argument. All of the people that I know that smoke have short tempers and not particularly difficult lives. It's nasty and it's not good for anybody ('cept the guys selling them).

aero_fml 0

I'm at work and getting paid to rant about stuff =)

alwaysalady 0

THink of it this way- there is no way that that can ever happen again. Because seriously, that could never happen twice

fckaduck 0

That's even sadder. Maybe you should do something useful with your time?

aero_fml 0

I study, read fml, and make sure the building doesn't burn down. What more do you want from me?

Well, smokers are selfish. I do my part by road-raging against any ******* who throw their cigarette butts or ashes out their car window near mine. Now, if someone were to actually HIT ME with one (like in OP's case), they'd probably get something large and spiky wedged up their bum. As it is, most smokers litter and they ALL pollute. Those of us who want clean lungs don't appreciate this (call me a hypocrite for adding pollution by driving, but smoking is unnecessary). My aunts and uncles smoke, and I want to kick their ass every time they bring their disgusting cancersticks over to our house.

You realize driving isn't necessary either, right? I'm a smoker and I pollute the environment in my own way, but I don't own a car and get around just fine by bike or bus. I live off campus at my University and still make it to class early everyday.

Actually, some of us don't have public transportation in our towns, so driving IS necessary. Kthx. Whenever I find out that someone smokes, I automatically lose any and all shred of respect I had for them before I knew.

Why? Because of one poor choice? That's terrible. And you only addressed buses. What about bikes? Does your town not have those either?

It's not just a poor choice, it's ******* selfish and thoughtless, and I don't want to be around someone who smokes. I don't know about you, but I don't work in my own town, as there isn't much choice of employment here. So I'm not going to bike to work for an hour and arrive sweaty and out of breath. So kindly keep your sarcasm to yourself, thanks.

Awesome, you're in the minority. You're still a terrible person.

hahaha wow what are the odds of the cigarette landing RIGHT there. that sucks =/