By off-balance - 16/01/2016 15:00 - Finland

Today, as I was trying to get off a crowded train, some asshole pushed past me hard enough to nearly knock me over. My bag hit a preschool kid standing behind me, and I missed my stop trying to apologize to him. His mom yelled at me all the way to the next stop. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 970
You deserved it 1 421

Same thing different taste

Top comments

scottishoatmeal 22

His mom should have realised it wasn't your fault. Surely she would have seen it happen. Or at least let you explain!

Did she not see you being pushed? All you can do is apologise and move on, unfortunately some people cannot be reasoned with.

Comments

It's hard to get around in a crowded train, she should have understood that. And honestly after an apology, I don't understand what she wanted you to do. Get on your knees and beg for forgiveness?

On the bright side OP, chances are you'll never see her again. It sucks she yelled at you and clearly didn't realize it was a mistake. Who purposely hits a child in the face with their bag?

Crowded trains are no fun. People become so pushy and disregard the people around them, it's nice that you went to the effort to apologise because so many people just push past without a care!!

uchihadesendent 14

Sorry to hear that OP but I'm surprised she didn't see you getting pushed.

I'm not sure if I would have apologized at all. I This clearly wasn't your fault, it's not like you said in your mind "Dang, I really want to hit some random preschoolers today"

Oh cool, a FML from my country! I guess this happened in Helsinki, theres railways all over the city and more stops.

Sounds like the mother is a psycho. You apologized sometimes you can't reason with lunatics.

Today's Lesson: Next time, just flop when you're pushed, pretend you hurt your knee or something. Maybe then people will react reasonably! ??

That really sucks, been there. The mom should have relented after the 1,000th time you apologized. After all it was just an accident, and the child was fine after provably just a little spooked.