By shanannygians07 - 26/01/2014 06:46 - United States - Rialto

Today, after working 12 hours, my scooter broke down 2 miles from home. I had to walk myself and my scooter home all uphill. My boyfriend and his friends drove by, honked and kept going. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 741
You deserved it 5 722

shanannygians07 tells us more.

For those of you who said ydi, shit I guess I did! I do have a car but I prefer to spend 3 dollars in gas a month rather that 150!! I work at a restaurant on the waterfront bartending all day so I was tired after a brutal day. When I said it was uphill, I meant uphill, not a gradual incline. It was steep! and very late at night when my EXboyfriend drove by. I certainly didnt look like I chose to walk a moped up a mountain! Thanks guys!

Top comments

LizetteBerenice 22

So I guess he doesn't feel that phenomenal post-poop feeling when he's around you

Comments

Sorry, OP, now you have two problems: inoperable scooter and inoperable boyfriend. Wish there were repair shops for the latter. Good luck.

DeliaRuska 6

That's just mean of him. If this continues I would say just get rid of him since he doesn't deserve the love you give to him. Now if it's a one time thing. Keep em I mean he was with his friends.

For those of you who said ydi, shit I guess I did! I do have a car but I prefer to spend 3 dollars in gas a month rather that 150!! I work at a restaurant on the waterfront bartending all day so I was tired after a brutal day. When I said it was uphill, I meant uphill, not a gradual incline. It was steep! and very late at night when my EXboyfriend drove by. I certainly didnt look like I chose to walk a moped up a mountain! Thanks guys!

Coeliacchic93 21

I'd rather spend the 3 dollars on gas myself! you certainly didn't deserve to be treated like that OP. I hope everything works out for you :-)

I could have sworn, earlier this FML said something about said boyfriend laughing and honking, and then driving by. Why did it change?

AznLuvsMusic 26

@118 She dumped him later after he passed her by on the hill. That's why he's her EX-boyfriend now.

I certainly understand wanting to save money (and, hey, the car could have broken down as well), and if weather permits, why not ride a moped. I'm guessing this is not the first time your now-ex-boyfriend has been a douche. Maybe he'll treat his next girlfriend better and you'll find someone to treat you better.

You definitely did not deserve it, however I find it hard to believe that it was two miles all uphill at a steep incline, because that would be one hell of an altitude change.

Maybe San Francisco? And if you have the two miles in serpentines, the altitude change isn't that big anymore.

What scooter is that? I'm in the market for one, and I want to make sure I don't get that brand. I hope you kicked your ex's ass.

I'd also like to know about the scooter brand. I'm probably going to go electric if I can, but info on the breakdown and if the repair was/is possible/easy/affordable could sway me. Good job knowing value, and ditching the worthless jerk.

Pandamonia88 9

Good on you for getting rid! Hope you get the scooter fixed. Can't believe no one else stopped to help :/

I have a car but ride the bus someday to work to save money. I only drive when I'm working late or over night & days when the weather is bad.

WD_Stevens 22

Glad to see someone else who appreciates the cost-effectiveness of the scooter (plus I think they look pretty neat). Good on you for getting rid of that waste of space as well

Hope yoy didn't break up with him just for that, but I'm sure there were other things

CDGuadalajara 5

What a prick! Glad you dumped his sorry ass.

Um... Right by my house there's a huge hill that's really steep...

Oneday his car will breakdown. When the time comes, ride by on your scooter and honk.

catanita 18

Did you meant to say EX boyfriend?

No, she broke up with him for just driving by.

graphicstyle7 17

He could of at least stopped and asked. My measuring rod for relationships works really well, and it goes like this. 1. Would YOU drive by your boyfriend pushing a scooter up a hill? If yes, then you are with the right guy. If no, DUMP HIM. He sounds like an inconsiderate ass. Life is hard enough without partnering up with someone who won't even take a second to ask if you need help in a situation where you obviously might of had a problem. Plenty more fish in the sea, go fishing.

Either dump his ass or give him a much needed lecture about thoughtfulness, courtesy and concern. Good luck.

Telling you to dump him is not my place, but you should probably rethink why you're really with him