By Tasha_1996 - 09/12/2012 10:14 - Canada - Outlook

Today, after two weeks of being grounded, I was finally let out of the house by my mom. I had to call her at 1am asking her to come get me, because I got so drunk, I told my ride to leave without me. I'm grounded again after less than a day of freedom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 137
You deserved it 82 883

Tasha_1996 tells us more.

Hello everyone. I didn't know my FML got posted until now. This was more to express what an idiot I am than to be told I'm an idiot. For people asking questions, I'm 16 and live in Saskatchewan. A small town where there's **** all to do. There is nothing wrong with my mothers parenting, I respect her for coming to get me and grounding me. I was grounded for another month after this happened and am going to addictions councelling starting the New year. I was out last night, first night off of grounding again and didn't have a sip of alcohol. Originally, I wasn't going to comment. But I figured you guys deserved an update. Yes I deserved it.

Top comments

If you're old enough to still be grounded, you're not old enough to drink. Ydi.

Grounding is usually to teach you a lesson and not be bad. She probably thought you learnt your lesson but, clap clap, you proved her wrong.

Comments

Obey_StudBoii 23

Wow. Well ydi if your under the age of 18. Then yes I can see why she punished you. If your over 20 then idk what to tell ya. Good luck

And this is why your mom grounds you in the first place. YDI, dumbass.

How is there a single vote for, "I agree, your life sucks"? This could be the poster child for a YDI.

sugarbear0727 19

I've done this before, the whole being shit faced and calling my mom to get me. I'm old enough to not be grounded, but not to legally drink. I've been living on my own for the past two years. My ride left without me cause they thought the cops were called on them. I was left without a ride out in the middle of nowhere at a house party with more than 100 people, all of whom I didn't know. So I called my mom to get me cause I didn't know how else I was gonna get home. You definitely deserve it because you ruined what trust your mother had in you.

knoxxx 22

People who voted "I agree, your life sucks" are just other irresponsible teenagers who like to drink.

corruptedlol 2

If you are young enough that your mom can still ground you, you shouldn't be drinking anyway. You've got no one to blame but yourself. YDI

Shouldn't be drinking in the first place....