By Anonymous - 12/03/2016 14:13 - United Kingdom - Neath

Today, after struggling to get something out of my eye, I kept my eye open long so it would start to water. My mother in law noticed and said, "Aww, do you need a therapist again?" She knows full well I struggle with chronic depression. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 644
You deserved it 1 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Awww does she need a slap. Yes she does, yes she does.

lexiieeex3 32

Well that's ******* rude. Even if you were upset the first thought that comes to mind is not "Do you need a therapist again?" I mean that's so demeaning.

Comments

Jeez, mother and father in laws just can't be nice here, when they are in an fml they are ALWAYS jerks.

countryb_cth 38

Well it wouldn't be much of a FML if they were nice

Red_Curls1995 28

What a bitch. I can't imagine it being a joke there's just no way I can believe someone would think that's funny to say.

I don't get it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a therapist. If you have chronic depression, even more so. Of course, there could be a terrible tone she used that made it clear to YOU that she was being spiteful, but what's bad in general about encouraging therapy to a person you care about? Sometimes it's hard to get the motivation yourself, even if you need it.

I think the use of "aww" tells us enough to tell us the way she said it was demeaning. When I read it, I immediatly thought of how people talk to little kids or puppies.

BeautifulChaos27 37

And this is why nobody, not even my mother (whom I live with) knows about me seeing a therapist.

cdb89928 7

Tell her to watch herself. For every snarky ass comment she makes you will take it out on her daughter/son just to spite her. Or tell her you're just gonna **** the shit out of her child

Aww, it looks like someone forgot to walk the dog (bitch) ...

Happen to notice? Please tell me you're not stuck living with this dumb ****. Also if you want some satisfaction show her all the comments on this FML post. Let's see if we can make the bitches eye water.

moo77_fml 20

Honestly.. Some people just don't understand depression.. My advice would be either read up on it and educate urself or keep ur mouth shut!!! More harm done than good by throwing comments like that about

"Yeah. Thanks for giving me something to talk about." Then smile sweetly and leave the room.