By Anonymous - 20/12/2015 10:19 - United States - Chesterfield

Today, after quitting my job to take a very attractive position with a competitor, I was told the position was no longer being offered. I'm now on my way to file for unemployment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 571
You deserved it 4 278

Same thing different taste

Top comments

UhHuhHoney 20

I was always told to quit a job knowing you have a legit backup. Good luck OP!

try to ask for your old one back. You never know

Comments

I can't tell if you mean that you quit the job before even knowing if you made it with the other, because, if so, then You Kinda deserve it. Never quit your job unless you have actually got the other.

You definitely deserve it. Had you waited until you actually got the job position. You could of still had your job and you wouldn't have to file for unemployment.

You need to have that employment letter in your hand mate!

People keep saying this but who gives out employment letters these days? I've never gotten one and never heard of anyone getting one either.

"Well, George.... we'd love to hire you.. but unfortunately the board is being indicted.. " Seinfeld, how we miss you!

Im pretty sure they never planned on hiring Op. being a competing company im sure they just wanted him to quit his job and leave his ex employer understaffed.

Man, that sucks. Best of luck to you getting another offer quickly.

Benderama 8

Ah the old bate and switch, the guys in charge of those two companies were likely both in on it, they wanted you out

I feel this is missing information. Did OP quit after signing a contract with the competitor and then they revoked it? In that case they screwed him over. Or did OP quit his job on a simple verbal offer? In that case OP screwed themselves over.

Switching jobs is a lot like swinging on vines. Don't let go of one until you've got a firm grasp on the other. Granted, sometimes that next "vine" is actually a snake, as seems to be the case here.