By noluckwhatsoever - 06/01/2010 16:44 - United States

Today, after months of job hunting, I got a call back for a position. I was outside at the time and had no pen or paper available to write the address down. I told the guy to call me back in 5 minutes and he agreed. It's been 3 hours and still no call. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 015
You deserved it 30 523

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Big mistake asking the employer to serve as your personal secretary. You should have offered to return the call to him and not asked him to make yet another call to you, this time on your timeframe. Don't expect to get the job.

Comments

not everyone has a good auditory memory, mine is shocking, i have to write down most things immediatly to be able to remember them especially things like phone numbers. I must start carrying round a pen so this never happens to me.

Can't you just google map search the company's headquaters/location in the area for which you applied?

ydi... next time put ur phone on speaker and write it on ur cell. good luck though!!!

Newbie21 1

why the heck wouldnt u drop everything and Find paper and pen?

YDI. Always offer to call them back or ask them to hold on a second while you go inside to get a paper and pencil. It's your responsibility to keep in contact if you want the job, I'm sure they have plenty of other people in line.

aw, that sucks. but it only takes a sec to get pen :(.

Unlucky there, although as said, asking him to call you back wouldn't have come across as professional.

that was dumb of you. the guy probably moved on to the next person on the list. YDI

She wasn't on a computer at the time ("outside")! However, the professional thing to do would have been to go inside and get a pen and paper. They would rather wait on the line then bother calling you back. Also, since you were outside, I'm assuming this was a cell phone which means a) you have the number to call them back in your phone, and b) you could've typed the information into your phone. I won't say you deserved it, but I hope you learned something from this experience.

Major_Panama 0

Pursuit of Happiness? Do as Will Smith does.