By mermaidkeels - 18/06/2016 08:51 - United States

Today, after getting fired, I went home only to find my boss sitting my living room. Apparently, he and my mom had been dating for months and he felt compelled to let me go because it was a "conflict of interest". FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 957
You deserved it 1 004

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow! What a piece of shit! I hope your mum takes your side and dumps that ****.

theoldman 22

Were you also too enthusiastic and made your coworkers look bad?

Comments

Ask him again, record it and report it to HR

So many of the FMLs I read on here from the USA are from people who have been fired, usually for petty things. Can you really get fired instantly in the USA for the littlest reason? In the UK it is so hard to get fired unless you do something really really bad. Otherwise it takes at least two verbal warnings and a written warning before you can actually be fired.

Yea, people get fired over stupid nonsense all the time. I got fired once due to a medical issue that I developed at work. I couldn't even claim unemployment because they argued that they fired me "for cause".

I once got fired for being 10 minutes late because of a flat tire. I had pictures to prove the flat tire and everything but it didn't matter. And now, I can't find another job because they see I was fired and immediately toss my application. Been trying to get a job for over a year! USA is VERY backward for such a "progressive" country.

ezrajab 22

That is all kinds of ****** up! Your boss should know never mix business with pleasure! Sorry op!

Wow, your boss got to your place pretty quickly after firing you. Hope your mom dumps him for firing you.

I guess you could always cockblock him and tell him sorry it's a conflict of interest.

amccaul1976 8

just say 'cool now since there isn't a conflict I can do and say whatever I want.' then let him, his car, his food, and anything else have it. Keep asking creepy things like 'when are you going to bed/work?' 'Are you eating that?'. After all is said and done say 'now wouldn't it have been better letting me keep my job where you could keep an eye on me?'

It's really gonna be a conflict of interest when you kick his ass. Damn moms better side with you

moocowmilk0 19

How awkward is it at work now?