By englishtrio - 18/04/2009 06:45 - United States

Today, after finally giving up on the search for my lost dog, I realized that my neighbors had found her and are convinced that she was a stray. They won't give her up and are now mad at me for trying to take my own dog back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 237
You deserved it 3 579

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mewzik 0

Ouch, that sucks I would definitely get others involved to get your dog back But how did your neighbors not even know that it was your dog?

That's why you have those chips implanted. To fight back against scumbags like these. What a pair of grade-A assholes.

Comments

This happened to me, but the opposite. We found a dog and realized she lived close to us, but happily gave her back. We were sad, but after about 2 months we were really happy, cause it turns out she was annoying and loud. They should be glad, now they can go pick out a dog of their choice

if it's really your dog, than go over there and get that bitch back! I wouldn't stand for that for a moment, who cares if they're "mad" at you!

x3Kiome 0

Don't you have the the birth papers? The Vet papers? Any information or proof that the dog is yours and not theirs? I'd simply call the police. Prove that you're the owner of the dog, and maybe next time..I think you should get your dog chipped so you could always prove that you're the owner. Seriously, those people are scumbags and should go to hell. I hate those kind of people.

And this is why we get our pets licensed and/or microchipped.. YDI all the way.

dancing_bear 0

They're your neighbours and they've never, ever seen you out with your dog before? Or, alternatively, they don't wonder why the dog they now have looks exactly the same as the one they have seen you walking quite a lot of the time and you now say is lost?

k. your neighbors are obviously biatches for not giving your dog back. havent they seen you walking it? If you have papers that prove its yours or even pictures, go to them and show them!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost forgot, YDI if you're just gonna sit back and take it.

Call the cops, have them arrested for stealing your property. They go to jail you get your dog back

If you don't have all the documentation, do you at least have a photo or some such? You have much more restraint than I do. I'd just burst right in there and take the dog back. If anyone got in between me and my pet, heads would roll, I promise you.

i agree with you, I 'd lose all my restraint the instant they refuse to return my dog! at the very least call the police right away.

Even if you don't have ANY papers or proof (highly unlikely), you must have friends, family, girlfriends/boyfriends who come over and can testify that it is your dog. Call the cops and get your dog back. Then slap your neighbors.