By Anonymous - 22/09/2012 23:49 - United States - Eudora

Today, after a week of not seeing each other, my boyfriend has a three day break from work. This would be great if he hadn't just told me he's having a Guild Wars 2 marathon. Now all I have to look forward to is slow wifi and anguished screams every time his character dies. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 016
You deserved it 3 133

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How about you make yourself an account and play with him?

I feel your pain... mine is the same way.

Comments

devourerofbooks 10

Play with him. Seriously. Wish my bf played video games with me. But he's just not into video games. :/

khriss_khriss 7

I totally feel your pain also, mine is the same way but probably worse with his MW3 video game.

Wow, a week, that must be so tragic.... /sarcasm/ Seriously, a week isn't that bad, and there are people out there who have it worse than you. Maybe he plays for stress relief or something. Also, he is allowed to have his own thing outside of you. Try paying with him. You might actually like it.

You knew your boyfriend was a gamer. You can't blame him. It's called try to join him. Ask him, "hey how about we cuddle a little " if he doesn't think you're trying to force him off of the game he will gladly stop playing.

Like some other people have probably said (I haven't actually read through the comments yet), but 9/10, a good videogame (i havent played gw2, but ill assume) is more interesting than a girlfriend (imo), unless you have to best girlfriend in the world. And since he has been working for a week, sometimes putting up with the girlfriend is just not the stress reliever necessary at the moment.

Okay, first of all in the interest of disclosure I'm going to say that I'm just as much a gamer as my boyfriend is and I'd probably be right there playing next to him! Best of both worlds. But this comment made me very sad. If spending time with your partner is "putting up" with them then something is clearly wrong with that relationship. Time as a couple should be something both of you look forward to and actively work into your plans. Yes, it's true, a week isn't all that long, but in a relationship, not seeing each other at all for a whole week is actually a pretty long time. And yes, there needs to be some time for outside hobbies and friends too. But the average person spends about 16 hours a day awake; I'm pretty sure if you actually loved someone and hadn't seen them in a week, you could carve out 3 or 4 of those 16 hours to spend time as a couple and still have plenty of time for a GW2 marathon.

Pretty much the same with my boyfriend.. Only it's slow wifi because of his game torrents and online play with his damn PC.

It's an amazing game, he has good taste, good job!

Me and my boyfriend are in the middle of a Guild Wars 2 marathon as well :D Maybe you should quit whining and join him.

World of Warcraft sucks. Guild wars 2 is awesome. Boom

You could buy the game, make a character, add him to the friend list or whatever it's called (haven't played Guild Wars in years sorry for the lack of knowledge), and play with him. If you're good, he might like the time you spend together. I would have loved that when I played those kinds of games.