By Anonymous - 22/09/2012 23:49 - United States - Eudora

Today, after a week of not seeing each other, my boyfriend has a three day break from work. This would be great if he hadn't just told me he's having a Guild Wars 2 marathon. Now all I have to look forward to is slow wifi and anguished screams every time his character dies. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 016
You deserved it 3 133

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How about you make yourself an account and play with him?

I feel your pain... mine is the same way.

Comments

PhishloverA 14

Leave him OP. he has no life and doesn't pay attention to you. You don't deserve that

ideasrule 13

I'm sick and tired of girls complaining about their boyfriends playing video games. Boys have their own hobbies and interests, and do not exist solely to please their girlfriends. If you can't tolerate that, why did you date a gamer in the first place? Why didn't you find someone with different hobbies?

Everything in moderation. There are people who take the gaming hobby into the realm of obsession. It happens. Don't always assume that it's just a hobby for all gamers, because for some it very much is their lives. In which case the girlfriend has more than enough right to complain.

ideasrule 13

But is there any evidence that this particular boyfriend is obsessed? No. All we know is that during HIS three-day break from work, HE wants to have a Guild Wars marathon. If I worked my ass off for more than a week and finally got a break, I'd treat myself too. Don't assume that everyone who games is obsessed. The overwhelming majority is not, and statistically speaking, the OP's boyfriend probably belongs in that majority.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Just go and make yourself an account and play with your man. You will have a lot of fun even.

LOL I'm from Kansas and I also play Guild Wars 2. I'm also a female. :p Guild Wars 2 is awesome, you should play with him! I wish my boyfriend would play the game with me...but seriously, I can tell that GW2 is going to become the new WoW/CoD FML game topic for distraught girlfriends and gamer boyfriends.

Don't feel bad, I live with my boyfriend. He bought Guild Wars 2 the day it came out, and we haven't done much of anything together since. It's all he does, all day, every day. (unless he's working.) I found that a surefire way of getting him away from the game is spill something on my cleavage and fingertips and go "Babe, can you get the ranch dressing off of me? It's all over my hands and I don't want to make it worse". Then lick the ranch off your fingertips while he wipes it off your boobs.

Yunadori 13

Thats when you by the game and play it with him. Like I did. Its freaking fun as ****.