By ihatekids - 20/04/2015 16:57 - United States - Billerica

Today, after a relaxing week away, my husband and I came home to discover our 17 year old son crashed one of our cars against the other. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 198
You deserved it 3 720

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm no sleuth but I think #420blazeit may have something to do with this

Sandman2015 12

And now your idiot teenager owes you a lot of money right?

Comments

you left your 17 year old home alone for a week?! YDI

Hey! I was left alone multiple times when I was 16/17 (which was only a couple of years ago) while my parents went on holiday, and I was fine. Don't be patronizing!

It depends on the kids. I have a 17 yr old who I wouldn't leave alone for a week, while I would totally trust my 15 yr old. All teens are different when it comes to maturity

A seventeen year old should be able of taking care of him/herself. That person is a year away from adulthood and should capable of surviving for a week on their own. Granted everyone is different, but generally speaking he should have been fine.

I completely agree with 27. It totally depends on the kid. You may be able to leave one kid and they can totally take care of themselves, look after the house, and you can trust they will take care of things and not have a disaster when you get home. Whereas if you left another kid, they would survive only on pizza, sleep in every day till 1, not go to school, and you'd come home to a disaster of a house and mouldy dishes. Each child is different. Although, with that said, they are only 1 year away from adulthood, and if you have a kid that you wouldn't be able to leave alone, then you probably need to be giving them more responsibilities and teaching them how to do more things on their own (like laundry, chores, making their own lunches, learning how to budget their money, etc) to prepare them for the real world.

So was any of the cars a Mercedes bends ?

*points up* wow! Look at that joke going way over #51's head. While "was" should have been were, "Bends" was a pun because the cars were smashed.

xluciferx666 21

He was playing real life hotwheels

time to make someone get a job and pay for it!

Well, time to do some serious parenting. He's old enough to find a job, so make him pay back all of it or at least enough so he learns his lesson.

TheElderTROLLZ 15

He was making the cars touch tips, nothing wrong with that.

gobiteme2 34

Look on the bright side he didn't wreck or injury anyone else in the process. Sounds like he's going to need to work for quite awhile.

leogachi 15

The point is that not only could someone have been hurt, their kid damaged two expensive objects which can cost them thousands of dollars to repair. Asking someone to look on the bright side of that situation is absurd.