By Anonymous - 05/04/2014 15:27 - United States - Iola

Today, a week after moving into my new house, I'm seriously considering suing the previous occupant. He failed to mention how the neighbor has his own band and rehearses every other day until 2am. Their music is so bad, it sounds like the wailing of a cat being tortured to death. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 323
You deserved it 5 490

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If it's so loud that you can hear from the next house, maybe you can call the police for a noise violation...? That's a thing, right?

Comments

Most towns have noise ordinances. If they are still above a certain volume after 10pm, call the police. I know this. I was in a band, and had the cops called on me a few times. Learned my lesson when they threatened a fine.

Cus suing is always the answer... 'Murica!

Call the police and file a noise complaint you dumbass

Full disclosure laws are only about the home and property itself. They do not apply to the neighbors. He was under no obligation to tell you about it and you have no legal recourse because he didn't.

Are you sure? I read something recently that if you and your neighbours have issues then that has to be stated as well. Though that may only cover areas such as harassment/ bullying.

It's your own fault for not asking around on how your future would be like

Can't you call the cops? They are disturbing the peace

Not really something you can sue for. It's not your house. If it was something wrong with your new house you could sue, but not if it's something to do with the neighbour's.

That really sucks, I hope you can talk to them and come to a solution.

If they continue to make loud noise after 10 or 11pm, you're fully within your rights to call the police. Especially if it's an ongoing problem and in a residential area, but I'd try talking to them first and see if they'd tone it down.

You can't there is no evidence to prove the previous occupant knew of the band, plus it isn't worth a lawsuit