By beatenbyabum - 12/06/2009 20:45 - United States

Today, a man came up to me at the bus stop. He went into this long story about how his girlfriend is pregnant and they both haven't eaten in days. Trying to be tough and funny I said back, "sounds like you should invest in condoms instead of food." He responded by beating and robbing me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 515
You deserved it 88 787

beatenbyabum tells us more.

Hello Folks, I'm the OP. Because of the character limit I couldn't get in all the information so I just left the guts of it. The hobo that attacked me is a guy who's come up to me before and has had different stories. He's either: A vietnam vet (despite he's about 30), a broke composer, or the pregnant one. I finally had enough and decided to say something other than "Nope, no change". I don't care how malnourished anyone is, a swift kick in the nuts and you're going down on the ground. So I've now been beaten by the smelly hobo, The other people at the bus stop were helpful enough to sit there and watch me get beaten and robbed. I've reported it to the cops, so we'll see what happens. (Keep up the comments, they make me smile, even the rude one's who don't seem to notice their hypocrisy calling me a douche or a dick or whatever when all I did was pretty much the same thing. A hypocrite is a legless man who teaches track.)

Top comments

TheCookieCrumb 0

You should have just gave him a couple bucks in the first place to buy food for him and his wife and child. But you decided to be a dick, so he took beat your ass. Do you really think a starving pregnant woman and her baby is worth joking about?

A legless man teaching track isn't hypocrisy, it's irony.

Comments

first off why would you say something like that to a total stranger when they are obviously going through a hard time with the whole not eating thing. and second how freakin' random for him to go all psycho.

that other guy was a beggar and I don't think any beggars deserve money. it's easy to find jobs if you're willing to do the work. im sick of people trying to sponge money from kind strangers or the government

that's an awful generalization. i don't know about you, but i've been searching for a steady job for almost two years now and haven't had any luck. i don't consider myself a bum whose leaching off the government. so maybe you should look at both sides before posting stupid comments about issues you clearly don't know about.

and you can afford a computer or phone with internet access?

haille_fml 0

he could be at a library or friends house.

Some people get cheap Internet deals you know. And yeah, people need to know both sides of the story before they judge. Some people "sponge" because they have to to survive, it's only rich f*cks like you who've never wanted for anything that don't realize that.

TheCookieCrumb 0

You should have just gave him a couple bucks in the first place to buy food for him and his wife and child. But you decided to be a dick, so he took beat your ass. Do you really think a starving pregnant woman and her baby is worth joking about?

Maybe you should invest in condoms and get some protection. YDI

gtdoll 0

LOL imagine the guys point of view. Today, my pregnant girlfriend told me to go beg for food because we were both starving. I go up to the first person I see and tell him my story. He responds with a joke about condoms and me having to buy them and then laughs hysterically. I then beat and robbed him, only to realize that his wallet only had a dollar. He called the cops and now I am in jail. FML.

yeah...kinda...only...that whole scenerio with the $1.00 ....and the cops...that shit never happened...so no...no, i can't imagine that being the other guys point of view. FAIL!

259... putting "FAIL" in your comment is extremely ironic.

SoccerPhreak 0

how come bums dont come up and talk to me?? lame

I would have shot that ************...

loser, thats why you should leave people alone and carry a shank. haha

tick_tock 0

You should have given the guy some money, it would have been nice of you. However, he was probably lying. I'm sorry you gotten beaten and robbed, that is awful, you didn't deserve that.

I also think it might have been a lie. Just yesterday a man came up to me and told me his pregnant wife was hungry because she hadn't eaten for 2 days. He was shaking like hell and his arms were covered with punctures. Later on I saw someone giving him a pizza and he ate it all himself. Seems like he forgot about his wife...... Either way: For some people this story is reality and I wouldn't send anyone away who really is in need.

It was mean of you but nobody deserves that.