By Wealthyparrot - 10/05/2013 08:24 - United States

Today, a client refused to pay after I mowed her lawn. Her reasoning? I had entered her basement "without permission." I require on-site equipment be provided, and she kept her mower in her basement. I only knew it was in the basement because she'd showed me, and told me where the key was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 620
You deserved it 3 529

Same thing different taste

Top comments

PoopNuggetLeader 4

There is a lovely product that many have tried and have had success with. It's called Slap-a-hoe. Works wonders.

She probably just wanted an excuse not to pay you, some people are just pathetic OP.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
rabidpeach 5

the correct term would be mechanics lein.

jisaac09 25

Usually a mechanic's lien is for people who actually fix something such as mechanics, roofers, carpenters. Surely though there is a type of service rendered lien OP could use if the homeowner won't pay. It would be a shame to take something like this to a small claims court.

sue! sue! that's right this is FML b*tches

Actually have her arrested for theft of service

Or #58, come back and poison her lawn.

And do even more work that OP will also not get paid for?!

Yes you could sue for a $40 grass cutting because it would most certainly be worth your time, or you could just start charging her $5 extra per mowing making back the original $40 overtime plus some. Just make sure to get paid upfront before mowing the lawn again.

PoopNuggetLeader 4

There is a lovely product that many have tried and have had success with. It's called Slap-a-hoe. Works wonders.

UnluckyGenius 21
PoopNuggetLeader 4

Haha! I like the yard work jokes you got going on. Thumbs up my friend.

I do believe that it is beat a ho with a hoe. Seems that you'll have to rake in the profits from some other job though

UnluckyGenius 21

Next time make a crop circle in her yard!

Why would he come back and re-mow the lawn later?

UnluckyGenius 21

Well I am assuming that this is his business, she could be a long time customer, so he could forgive her jackassery and once her grass gets high enough she'll want OP to mow her lawn since good yard help is hard to find. Just double charge her the next time.

Well put, I like the way you think.

What?????? It's only the truth!!!!!!!!!

Not really... "Tough luck" luck is used situations where you have no recourse available...

She probably just wanted an excuse not to pay you, some people are just pathetic OP.

if anything, it seems like she totally planned it too.

**** it. Refuse to leave until you receive payment, and threaten to call the cops.

Due to the fact he entered her house without "her permission," calling the cops could turn out badly for him.

Mow over a magazine in her yard. That'll teach her!

challan 19

Perhaps she didn't want to pay you for cutting her lawn OP... Maybe she showed you where the key was for something else. I have 70s **** music playing in my head... Picturing a sweaty, shirtless landscaper and a pool boy tending my ummmmm property. Yeah, my property.

Looks like He's gonna be doin a different type of landscaping. haaa

perdix 29

#11, I have "Stacey's Mom" playing in my head . . . thanks. "You missed a spot over there-ere-ere." Gack!

Did you try explaining this to her? Bleach does wonders for lawns by the way.

Maybe OP should recommend that to the bitch. Sure would set her straight.