Ticked off

By Sarah220 - 12/07/2010 04:31 - United States

Today, I woke up to a pain on my eyelid. I stumbled into the bathroom to find a huge tick attached to the edge of my eyelid. My dad used tweezers to pull it off, only the head stuck. I had to go to the doctor and sit there for 15 minutes so she could pull the rest out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 568
You deserved it 3 300

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Everyone knows not to pull a tick out with tweezers...

Comments

hereforthehour01 0

unless you were waking up in some sort of tent, id pick up that big ole yellow thing we call the phonebook and call an exterminator...

Oh man, ticks are awful! I'm sorry! :( I had a tick in my back once and we had to get it out by putting peanut butter over where it was...Apparently the peanut butter makes it so the tick can't breathe, so it just digs itself right out again. Pretty freaky.

#49 I was at my grandparents' farm, and of course they were both very familiar with ticks considering where they lived. My grandpa swore that peanut butter worked...And it did!

You have special tweezer for that, so it wasn't a bright idea from the start to use normall tweezers (assuming you used normall tweezers you didn't say otherwise).

Next time, slather the tick with Vaseline. It will detach itsef and you can kill it.

#40 Or peanut butter, oddly enough! It works just as well if you don't have any Vaseline. It's what I used once. :P

Shame Hope you don't get sick.. watch for flue like symptoms over next 10 days

now THAT sucks. i didn't know that there was blood in eyelids though...

Cnote231 0

you didn't know there was blood in eyelids? wtf do they teach you at your school!?