That one Dire Straits song

By HBCRUISER - 18/09/2018 12:00

Today, I had to go to the local UPS store to sign for a package with providing I.D. shipped to me. I had no idea who had sent the package. After signing for the package, I opened it and saw that I had signed for an empty package. I actually paid for nothing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 628
You deserved it 285

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you don't have to pay to pick up a package from the post office.

No, you paid for a really nice box that you can use yourself for storage purposes, or to ship your own item/s to someone else.

Comments

No, you paid for a really nice box that you can use yourself for storage purposes, or to ship your own item/s to someone else.

Why would you even do that if you can't remember ordering something?

Once I accepted the package and Opened it, I saw that it was from CVS. The order I had placed was not delivered, however, I was charged for missing items.

you don't have to pay to pick up a package from the post office.

if you actually read the post he went to UPS not USPS

Depends on the country. Also, dude went to a UPS store, which is not the Post Office.

It wasn’t the post office if had bothered to read. It was UPS. The package was not marked on the outside. However after opening it, I saw that I had placed an order with CVS. There was nothing in the package. I was charged for nothing.

bluhbluhbluh 14

invisible man free transportation system.

OP - Empty packages could be part of an elaborate scam for a seller artificially to inflate their sales and ranking. They are scamming the selling site, not necessarily the recipient. Google “receiving empty packages from china”

You paid for the “experience.” People are often happier paying for experiences than for tangible objects. Not sure I’d want the “trip to the UPS Store” experience, but you do you.

cheshireau 26

You have to pay to pick a package up?

in services like UPS, DHL, FedEx etc it is possible to send packages and have the receiver pay for them instead of the sender

The amusing thing is that most freight companies will default back to the sender for payment if the package is not delivered/collected. So if you aren't expecting a receiver pays package and there's no identifying information on the consignment as to who sent it with a customer reference.. just don't accept delivery. They can't force you to accept it.

Were you expecting a package that you had previously paid for items?