Spammed out

By goddamnit - 14/03/2009 02:57 - United States

Today, I got a letter saying I was no longer a student at my college and my current work is void since I had ignored and refused to pay my tuition bill. Over the past month I've been deleting these pesky emails saying 'FINAL WARNING regarding payment' thinking it was more spam. They weren't. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 269
You deserved it 140 484

Same thing different taste

Top comments

greatnt249 0

Yeah, you're probably not going to get much sympathy for this, especially since all you had to do was take two seconds to see that the sender's e-mail address was from your own school.

i don't see how it's possible not to think about paying your tuition

Comments

greatnt249 0

Yeah, you're probably not going to get much sympathy for this, especially since all you had to do was take two seconds to see that the sender's e-mail address was from your own school.

stormer461 13

How are you in college if you're typing "an letter"?

OhSoFoxy 0

You didn't look at the e-mail of the sender?

i don't see how it's possible not to think about paying your tuition

alex_vik 0

*facepalm* Reading, they should teach it before college.

I don't blame you for deleting the emails, but it's pretty dumb to not remember to pay your tuition in the first place. Your fault.

Wow, you are one of the biggest goddamn idiots I have ever heard of. You do not deserve to be in college if you were not intelligent enough to see who sent you the e-mails and make the simple connection between the subject heading and the fact that you haven't paid your tuition. People like you should be smeared in feces and thrown in a lake.

I understand that you think OP is incredibly stupid but, smeared in feces and thrown in a lake? Isn't that a bit much?

Omg op just forgot to pay tuition and u say that those people deserve to be smeared in feces? Wtf. Op was just a bit stupid but jeez.

But the lake would wash off the feces. Not a very thought through plan, if you ask me.

How were you managing in college if you can't manage to read an email?

I kind of know where you're coming from on this, actually. PCH was trying to bill me for something for the longest time before I finally just called them and said, "What do you want!?" Though, I had a right to think all the calls and e-mails were spam... I never did buy anything from them, so they deleted the charges/bill. Sadly you can't exactly say, "I never went to your college, stop billing me." lol #4 - lol! I agree!

This happened to me just a few weeks ago. Write a letter to the enrollment board asking to reconsider this. Say you learned a valuable life lesson, contribute to the school, and highly value your education, blah blah blah. And do it ASAP, the faster, the more likely they are to truly think you care. Good luck!

Wow... congrats, even you forgot to pay the tuition (lame...) you deleted the mails that would have reminded you to do so (even lamer)... so frankly, you deserved it

sparxva 12

1. Reading is fundamental. It is also a good idea. 2. Paying your bills is also fundamental and a good idea. 3. Go to your college and beg them to take your money -- you *do* have the money for them, right? Colleges like money. Offer to give it to them. And explain that you're an idiot who deleted their emails as spam. At the rate you're impressing them with your intelligence they'll realize you're good for at least 5 years of tuition fees and happily take your money.